Author Topic: Happy Night wakings  (Read 22824 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Happy Night wakings
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »
Tbh I wouldn't have thought it would do any harm to try out an increase in the first A...especially given your constraints with the school run. Did he seem tired at all after that 1h15nap? Do you think he would have resettled, or was he really just ready to get on with the rest of the day? You might find that a push helps to get the rest of the day later without getting OT by BT...

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2016, 16:45:33 pm »
I tried to resettle but no luck. He seemed happy enough afterwards. I'm not really sure where I'm going with the rest of the day. So for example the morning nap is 10.45 to 12/12.15. What should I be aiming for in light of these emw we are having? I get home from school run at 3.25pm. Please give me some ideas for that second nap and then subsequent bedtime. I can't see the wood for the trees at the moment.
Also if he wakes at 5am again and doesn't go back to sleep do I keep naps at the same time? I like a set nap in the morning because of his on off dozing. We don't get out the cot to as close to 7 as we can.
Gemma

Offline trimbler

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2016, 18:47:25 pm »
Sorry I never manage to get on at the time you're asking - I have my own school run, dinners and BT ;)

I guess I'd say push the morning, I'd do set nap too, especially with school run constraints.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2016, 19:05:11 pm »
It's OK, I didn't expect you to reply in time for today! I just meant that I don't know what to aim for in the afternoons now to help with the 5am Wu. If he sleeps til 12/12.15pm what would you shoot for in the afternoons? And then what bt?
Gemma

Offline trimbler

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2016, 18:51:17 pm »
Erm... You've got me there I'm afraid! I guess it would depend on the day, but you've said that whatever happens the pm nap tends to be 30/40 mins? So if the morning nap is on the shorter side, i'd say just aim for the earliest you think he'd settle, accept the shorter pm nap and go for EBT. Consider the total A time he's had during the day and use that to get an idea of what BT to aim for.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2016, 20:04:48 pm »
I just feel like giving up right now. Last night  he was awake from 3 til 4.30 the  up at 6.45. So after thethe long waking I put him down at 10.30 and he slept til 12.20, catching up from the night  I'm sure. The  put down again at 3.40 and got 30 min nap. Don't know why, didn't think he was OT. Then earliest I could get him down was 7.15 tonight. So will probably have another 3 am OT nw.
Gemma

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2016, 01:30:00 am »
(((hugs)))
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline trimbler

« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2016, 19:28:24 pm »
(((Hugs))) how did it go last night? I wonder if he just won't sleep longer than 30/45mins after a 2h morning nap? Perhaps stretch to 3.5h or more after a long nap and see what happens? Even if he still only takes a short nap, at least then it won't be so long until BT...

Btw I'm away from tomorrow for a few days and won't be able to get on here during that time, but I know others will be looking out for you :-*

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2016, 19:42:35 pm »
I don't mind short nap it's just I thought it may be causing the night wakings. Last night he was awake 2.40am to 4am then up at 6. 15. I started a thread on naps just to see what those ladies thought  about the short nap, but if no one thinks it's causing the night  wakings then I'm happy to accept it!
Gemma

Offline trimbler

« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2016, 19:58:58 pm »
Well as you know I'm more familiar with the short am, long pm nap approach, I just know that those who did it the other way around, would just keep pushing the morning nap later in the day, so that LO didn't get OT by BT with a short pm nap...you may find that you can push the morning nap even more, since he seems able to handle those A times pretty well?

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2016, 20:02:15 pm »
He does handle them really well. I was a bit afraid of pushing harder at the moment after his long night wakings. I am also just completely winging it with regards to the A time after the  short nap, as he doesn't give me tired signs. I am going for 2hr30 but as he sleeps badly at night I have no idea if that is right for him or not!
Gemma

Offline lily_layne

• Showing Appreciation 65
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2016, 22:32:08 pm »
Hopefully some fresh eyes on naps will help!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014