Author Topic: Really long morning nap!  (Read 985 times)

Offline MissTwister

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 27, 2016, 10:07:43 am »
My nearly 10 month old wakes at 6:30ish and I put her down for her first nap at 9. She often sleeps for up to two hours but this means her afternoon nap is late and around 45mins- 1 hour. She seems happy with this and I would continue but for two reasons

1. I've read afternoon napping is better for them and she does get grizzly at bed time
2. She's starting nursery in 2 months and most of the other babies do an after lunch nap around 12. They'd said they'll accommodate her timetable but I've heard from others that this doesn't really work

She sleeps very well at night and goes through 7:30-6:30

Any tips?!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 10:50:08 am »
I wouldn't fix what's working:). Different kiddos sleep differently and there is no "better" option imo. If she slept badly, that would be a different story and I would this seek for advice.

Re nursery - really everything can change in next two months and sleeping in the nursery isn't ever easy, so chill out now Hon and enjoy what you have:))).
~Marta

Offline MissTwister

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 13:02:57 pm »
Thanks Martini - I guess I'm just scared of sending her to nursery and it all going wrong just when I have to deal with being back at work!

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 13:54:21 pm »
Oh I know you pain, I have sent DS to nursery at 6mo and his day sleep really went nuts. And really that's not much you can do about it. The worse for me was that I tried to have a routine according to the nursery one but in the end that we're doing different things than they stated on the website (in terms of hours/timing). So I would go with your plan, if it's not going to change during next two months - and if it's not working, just try to work close with nursery to establish a better routine. I wouldn't do it ahead as you will be stressed instead of enjoying your last two months with a baby:).
~Marta