Author Topic: Teething and naps  (Read 1143 times)

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
Teething and naps
« on: April 29, 2016, 22:40:38 pm »
Hi! My poor baby is teething his lateral incisors and is having such a hard time with it. He wants to nurse constantly... He even wants to nurse while napping. I don't nurse to sleep and am trying not to now but I feel bad bc he's so miserable. I give him teething tablets and Camila before his naps but he is miserable. Naps are down to 33 minutes each. We had a pretty good routine before we went away for a week where there were changes in time zones. That's also when his teething worsened. The two teeth are transparent on the bottom so looks like they are going to cut soon.

Any words of encouragement from btdt moms? This is the worst teething episode so far. He has two top and two bottom teeth.
Jennifer xx

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Teething and naps
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 20:14:34 pm »
Poor little thing.  Teething pain is often worse for them when they try to sleep as there's no distraction. When DS was teething, if it disrupted his naps, I used to give either child's paracetamol or Ibuprofen about 30 min before the nap so it had time to kick in.

On the positive side, at least with teeth you have a clear reason for the short nap and know it will pass.  Routine usually goes back to normal once the teeth are through.
Hang on in there xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 04:24:10 am »
Thank you! Yes that's the hope that it's teething bc he's also waking every 2 hours for the past two nights  :o I'm really hoping they pop soon!

I may have to start medicating.
Jennifer xx

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 06:49:46 am »
My sympathy for those nights, that's exhausting.

I know medication is a very personal choice but when I had wisdom tooth pain, I needed to take a pain killer to get the relief to sleep. I do wonder if it's the same for our little ones

Xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline JennVanessa1083

• Proud FTM
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Thank you!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 13:35:57 pm »
I agree. I once heard that adults wouldn't be able to take the pain of teething since its bones coming theiufh tissue  :o

Anyways we have been using Tylenol the last few nights since we ran out of Motrin but I think I'm going to buy more and see if that helps nights. I'm on zombie status lol

Thank you for the reassurance. It can feel as though teething takes forever!!! My husband thinks he is also getting his canine along with his lateral incisors...yikes!!
Jennifer xx