Author Topic: 11.5 wo in easy from birth doing great during the day but the nights are awful  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Olga lab

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi ladies! I have been receiving lots of help here with my DS2 who has a mild reflux and used be terriblly grumpy.
So now we are great and calm and smiling, still spitting up though which doesn't seem to bother a lot.
My problem is that for some reason while his day routine us perfect (only occasional short naps, going to sleep on his own with some settling g help of shush pat, not being ot or UT or whatever else)  his nights though are awful..
Here is the routine:
8.30-9 wake up and E
10.30 's (here sometimes he may wake up early but will go back to sleep is I m normally taking my ds1 out and getting in/out of the car may wake him up)
12 E
13.30 S
15 E
16.30 S
18 E
Then I m not sure but maybe the problem is here
19 's for a catnap for 30 or 45 mins
Then BT routine, bath, feeding, hugs, swaddling and asleep by
All by himself being happy in the day and so on..
And then starts the game..
Couple of weeks ago he would go better without df wake up at 3,i d feed him and then he d wake up at 6 and then around 9.
Them I tried the df again, which worked well and he slept from 11 to 4 and then 7 (feed)  and 9 for the day.
But for the last week he d wake up after df at 2 (I would try to shush pat)  then 3 (feed), then 4.30 then 5 then I d feed him at 6,then he d wake up 6.30 and 7 and 8.30.
The only really AP I do is if he wakes up at 8.30 I d take him to Bf him in my bed while trying to sleep extra 40 mins owise I m dead for the whole day.
The other thought is that I always try to calm him down with the paci and shush pat that works well. Though I need to keep the paci inserted for about 10 mins owise he would be waking up. Is that a prop too now?
Also I have noticed that not taking the hunger into account, he goes better without being fed coz then there 's nothing to spit up..
He is also a Huddini type of guy and I have to reinforce the swaddle with stationary clips which don't really help.. He would first remove his legs out of it  (grunting like and old guy)  and them the arms.. I m though not sure that if I leave him u swaddled he d sleep well.
Sorry for a bit long and messed up post, I m just not thinking g quite well recently coz I m completely sleepless as it also takes time for me to try and fall asleep each time after I put him to sleep.
Ps just to mention, when I shush pat him in the night I have my arm on him and that's the way I sleep (nor to waste time). Is that bad?
Thank you girls.. Just tell me it will pass soon  ;(

Offline lily_layne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 65
I don't have time for a proper post right now but many hugs for the tough nights. That's exhausting!
DD - August 2012
DS - November 2014

Offline ginger428

• Showing Appreciation 16
Olga, you must be exhausted! It does pass!

It may be a growth spurt, especially at 11/12 weeks.  Here's a link to describe it...

Six Weeks to Four Months: Growth Spurts

What do you think? Other things that come to mind are cluster feeding during the day to help with hunger at night (if it is a growth spurt), and vigilant burping for discomfort.

Offline Olga lab

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Now the naps got worse.... He wakes up after 40 min mark.. I hope it is a growth spurt and it will pass... 

Offline ginger428

• Showing Appreciation 16
Oh no... Hope it does pass soon. Growth spurts usually do. Hugs!!