Author Topic: 2yo8mo refusing nap  (Read 922 times)

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 03, 2016, 13:29:57 pm »
Hi, DD1 has been refusing her nap for couple of weeks now. She is exhausted in the evening, and difficult to deal with (obviously). Today she has fallen asleep while I was blow drying her hair. I tbink she needs 1 hour around 1pm, but screams as soon as I mention it. I put her in her cot (stiil in it, thanks God) yesterday and she went hysterical. DD2 is 4 months old and we are also experiencing some sleeping difficulties but it does not help having DD2 screaming her head off while I am trying to convince her to have a nap.
It would be great to have both of them napping for even 30 min so I can have a rest.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 2yo8mo refusing nap
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 13:53:21 pm »
At that age I had to just let DS1 nod off on the sofa or in the car, he totally refused bed. Maybe push nap a bit later so she's a little more worn out?x
Zoe

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 15:46:18 pm »
I guess right now when she is so worn out she should have a nap if it was only about exhaustion. Maybe you could also attend her more? Like lie down with her or stay with her in the room? Or give her an option for a nap but tell her she doesn't have to? So just set a "quiet time" in cot at that age - and she can nap if she wants? You can give her books or other toys to play with in the cot.
~Marta

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 2yo8mo refusing nap
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 13:06:41 pm »
DD3 is the same age but hasn't napped since she was 22 months...we do quiet time (hmm just switched to a toddler bed so not sure how that will work lol) and recently she has even fallen asleep for a few 30 min naps here and there - really strange for her but we have been outdoors a lot so I think she is tired out.
Heidi