Author Topic: Nap nightmare  (Read 1142 times)

Offline ewabear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:56:11 pm »
Hi, DD2 is almost 5 months old. Unfortunately she only naps for 30-45 min. Her A's are around 2h long. She has 4 of those naps to get her through the day. So far I have been unable to extend her naps and to be honest after 2 months of shushing and patting I have had enough and gave up. Why arent  There is no consistency, 2 h of A can make her sleep 30 min or 40 min. Thete are days when she only sleeps 4x 40 min and that is exhausting me. Also have 2,5 year old to attend to.

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Nap nightmare
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 15:41:46 pm »
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time and are feeling so run down. My DS was similar, fighting naps and short naps until he was 6mo old.  I remember getting to same place as you & giving up and just running with short naps for s while as I was sick of trying to extend them.  Not long after we pushed A times a bit by accident almost as we were out one day and I didn't get him to sleep  in time, he did a longer nap and from then on actually started resettling himself for his 2nd nap. We only ever got 1 long nap with a short first  and third  nap either side.

I see you have a thread in general sleep asking about EW and started talking about nap routine there. To avoid confusion it helps to keep advice in one place so could we just continue on your thread in general sleep?

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD