Author Topic: Question for standing baby  (Read 900 times)

Offline Nickw85

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 12, 2016, 19:35:46 pm »
Hi

We are planning on starting out PUPD this weekend with our 7 month old as he has never learnt how to send himself to sleep as we have been rocking/feeding to sleep generally until now!

We have read the latest book but it's not clear what you should do if he stands up and is awake when we put him down to sleep first time.... He will crawl to the side of cot and pull himself up instantly the second we put him down but he is not crying, just content standing at the side of the cot. So do we put him down again even though he is not crying... Or leave him standing until he tires himself out? The risk with the second option is that he falls and hurts himself on the side of the cot as he is a tendency to let go to the side every now and then and hasn't quite mastered that art of sitting back down from standing! But if we put down the it will stimulate and he'll just pull himself up again straight away

So in short... do Put Down even when no crying or leave standing?

Thanks for your help!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Question for standing baby
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 18:45:36 pm »
If he is standing but happy I would just let him get on with it or it will become a game :)  Put down only when he is upset x

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 20:43:14 pm »
I agree! We had that with our DS, he was standing up a lot! I found it helpful to rub his back and sing lullaby while he was standing. I could secure him that way. After few minutes he would just go down himself or was so cozy I could put him down and he was too sleepy to get up:p

Offline shinysarah

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 20:59:29 pm »
I think as long as he's not upset, he'll sit down when he wants to!