Author Topic: 14m old long nw, 2-1 transition confusion  (Read 1267 times)

Offline wriggles15

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
14m old long nw, 2-1 transition confusion
« on: May 13, 2016, 06:54:55 am »
I posed about a month ago struggling with the 2 to 1 transition and things started to settle Down a little. We have been flipping between 2 nap days and 1 nap days since. I have noticed on 1 naps days she has a lonnnnggg nap, yesterday was 3 hours but she ended up being wide awake for 2 hours wanting to play. I'm wondering if she was under tired because she had a shorter day when she is on 1 nap.  She has molars and a canine bulging under the gum but they are not cutting through yet and is going through a leap at the moment.

Yestrrday was like this:
8am wake
12.30 nap
3.30 wake
8pm bed

12.30 woke up wanting to get out of cot and sat on my lap playing. She started to get tired after about an hour but took another hour to finally settle.
Woke at 7.30 this morning

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: 14m old long nw, 2-1 transition confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 06:23:26 am »
That does sound ut...I don't know that a lot of kids could do a 12 hr night and 3 hr nap consistently and not get ut a bit. How do the 2 nap days look for overall sleep?
Heidi

Offline wriggles15

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 20:08:01 pm »
We have been having lot of up and down nights with 2 nap days.  She goes to bed very late and has less night sleep overall on 2 naps days.  Yesterday she had 1 x 2hr nap, but work throughout the night (because of teeth i think) and woke up at 4.30 this morning, I offered her a bf (she very rarely gets up super early in the morning and is usually because of hunger) it took her a while to settle back down and she then woke at 7am.  Today I put her down for a nap at 12 (5hrs after waking) she has had 2hr 45 (I planned to let her sleep 2.5hrs max but I also fell asleep!!!!) she then went to sleep at 8pm tonight, I'm hoping she won't have a long night waking tonight.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 04:35:36 am »
How has it been the last couple nights?  Personally I think I would try and be consistent with the nap and cap it (and keep to one nap). A lot of times this is the age where set naps and betime work really well instead of going by A times and that can help regulate the sleep too.
Heidi

Offline wriggles15

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:41:13 am »
On Sunday we had an odd day due to being out and about we got caught in traffic so she fell asleep in the car and woke up when her dad got her out and wouldn't go back down (nap was 45
Minutes) I gave her a nap later in the day which she fought and was only 20 minutes and she went to bed late at about 9 but slept very well and only had 1 very short wake up and went back to sleep with a quick back pat.  After this I got her back onto 1 nap days and she is still waking for 2 hours in the night, she isn't full off beans but will lie in my arms babbling on and off and moaning every so often. Her wake ups in the morning are getting earlier and earlier. I will give the set nap and bedtimes a go. Should I stick to the same times regardless of her wake up time in the morning as it is a bit inconsistent at the moment.
X

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 04:42:28 am »
Yes the idea is to stick with it unless things go totally haywire! Is she teething at by chance?
Heidi

Offline wriggles15

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 07:53:26 am »
She has two molars bulging under her gums. Can't feel them breaking through yet but I think one might pop through soon. Should I wait until they have come through before setting naps and bedtimes?

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 17:30:38 pm »
You can if you think they are really affecting things, molars are such a pita!
Heidi