Author Topic: How many milk feeds for 11 month baby  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Jojo290615

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 14, 2016, 17:17:41 pm »
Hi !
My little one is almost 11 months.
He is formula fed and is currently have a milk feed at 6:00 when he wakes up, then 11.00 and 15:30 after his naps and then before he goes to bed at 6:30pm.
He is one 3 meals a day.
I was wondering when should I start to drop a milk feed ? Or should I drop one at all?
Thanks
xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: How many milk feeds for 11 month baby
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 17:41:27 pm »
You can absolutely drop a milk feed if it suits you!

Many bottle fed babies drop to 3 bottles by about 10 months and then 2 bottles/ milk drinks at 1 year. You can swap one of the day feeds for a solids snack and a drink of water, which one is up to you really. A common pattern is the one we did with my DD - wake up milk, breakfast, pre nap snack (if needed, depending on how much breakfast she ate), solids lunch, bottle just before the afternoon nap, solids at tea time and then bedtime bottle.

The timings will depend on your EASY, for us lunch was 11.30/12 and the bottle was about 2pm as she had a nap around 2.30pm. Once she hit 1 we went straight to one nap so she was having lunch about 11 am and then a post nap snack, no daytime bottles.

HTH!

Laura

Offline Jojo290615

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 06:37:41 am »
Hi
Thank you for your reply:)

Our Easy routine is the following
6:00 WU milk 210ml
8:00 breakfast
9:30 nap
10:30 /11:00 milk 210ml
13:00 lunch
14:30 nap
15:30 milk 210
17:00 diner
18:45 BT milk 210ml
 I will replace the mid morning milk with a snack. Then in about 3/4 weeks should I think about replacing the mid afternoon milk ?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 17:32:43 pm »
I will replace the mid morning milk with a snack. Then in about 3/4 weeks should I think about replacing the mid afternoon milk ?
This is basically what I did.  I kept all the same times (although obviously adjusted to suit nap times) and just switched the mid morning and mid afternoon milks to solids snack with water in a sippy cup, just as you are planning.
Mine ended up eating a lot for his morning snack so it was kind of a very early lunch, I still did lunch too.

Offline Jojo290615

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 20:08:48 pm »
Thanks creations :)
What would you advise for snacks ? I gave lo a yoghurt today. It went fine he didn't miss his milk. Do you put your lo's in the high chair for their snacks ?

When did you replace the mid afternoon milk feed ?

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:51:36 am »
I often used mini muffins (home baked sugar free with fruit or veg in), pancakes (scotch/american little fat ones) or oaty chews for snacks - recipes for these are on the recipe board.  I made batches and froze them so I could lift out a few each day as needed.

I also used fresh fruit, various fruits depending on his age and ability to eat them, I avoided grapes and blueberries in the earlier days and opted instead for nectarine melon, or i steamed or oven baked wedges of apple and pear.

Some times I took out cold veggies from the night before, green beans and such and gave them as a snack.

WRT the high chair, if we were home then yes he'd sit in his high chair but if we were out and about he'd sit on the floor or on my knee.

I think I switched the other milk feed around 11 months but tbh I don't remember exactly.