Author Topic: Routine 12 week old please help  (Read 630 times)

Offline andreaaj

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 15, 2016, 18:01:36 pm »
Hello everyone. I am of course looking for some advice and experience! this is my third baby but my other two are older so things are different and I have had/having a lot of issues with my little one. He was born at 32 weeks, so he is 20 weeks or 12 weeks corrected age. My little man has Silent reflux and is currently on 10mg of omperazole, he also 2 weeks ago had his posterior tongue tie snipped after not knowing ! a chiropractor seen it ! He has been on and off but I'm so blessed to have him and enjoy every second. now the thing is I am debating routines?! my two older girls fell into their own routine so early on and no problems. my son goes about 4 hours or 5 if I'm very lucky at night then has a bottle and then goes 3 hours.I have only just started taking him upstairs to bed about 7/8 pm to try and settle him in his cot which is in our room. now 75 percent of the time he will fall asleep on us and 25 percent he will fall asleep on his own. Should I be doing things different?
also in the day i go with his flow generally 3 hours then feeds between 110-160mls and he is 14lbs. I am thinking of starting a routine but not sure what ! so many about gina ford, EASY ect does anyone have any success stories on what works? should i leave him to cry for a few minutes or no? I would let him to get into a routine but i don't want to push him if he is not ready but also don't want him to get use to falling asleep with us either. He will scream most of the time if i put him down to sleep so do i leave him to cry or pick him up ! please help thank you so much

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: Routine 12 week old please help
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 04:19:32 am »
Hello and welcome to BW!
Here are a few links that you could read, which basically cover your questions
Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!
Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!
What does a good wind down consist of (Includes 4S ritual)

Do have a read and feel free to ask any more questions/doubts you may have:)