Author Topic: Need help finding schedule that suits short napper  (Read 1584 times)

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need help finding schedule that suits short napper
« on: May 09, 2016, 17:57:31 pm »
I need help finding a schedule that suits my 3 mo short napper (40-45 min naps no matter what)
She goes to sleep awake with her paci, swaddle and white noise, in her crib in a dark room. No matter how long her A times are she's out in less than 10 min except the last nap on the day (in the car or stroller and it seems soooo hard to sleep loll)

We do an early BT at 18:00/18:30
One MOTN feed
she wakes up at 5:00 then I place her in the swing until 7:00.
A times of usually 1:30
Feeds every 3-3.5 hours.

I need help making a schedule!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 18:01:28 pm by Scottishmummy »

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Need help finding schedule that suits short napper
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 11:49:19 am »
Those short naps are the worst aren't they!? For us I found they started getting better around 3.5/4 months provided I was actively working on extending A times.  You could try giving her a wee push to 1.40 and see if that helps? Otherwise, it is mostly an issue of them not being able to connect sleep cycles.  Do you ever try to resettle? Or the other thing you can do is try to sneak in at the 35min mark and gently pay her to help her through the transition.

If she short naps, reduce the next A time slightly by 10-15mins or so to hopefully avoid OT.

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 11:29:55 am »
She always short naps. Do I keep a times to 1:20 or 1:40?

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:38:41 pm »
What are your current A times? If they are 1.5hrs I would try pushing to 1.40.  I would also try to resettle if you can, it can be time consuming (though I never spend more than 10mins resettling, if at that point she's not back to sleep I move on) but for us I really think it helped her learn to connect her sleep cycles together.

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 18:23:58 pm »
i'll try to resettle. Although the first and the last nap of the day has to be in the car for the drop off and pick up at daycare. When the weather is good she is often able to sleep longer outside in the swing. Yesterday she took her first long nap in the crib since 6 weeks!! (1.5 hour and I don't know what I did different :( ) we are arleady having trouble sticking to the full 1:30 of A time. I don't know how we will manage 1:40!! ahah we'll see ;)

Offline Lindsay27

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 01:01:02 am »
45min naps are caused by 2 things - UT and/or being unable to connect sleep cycles.  If you feel like 1.5hrs is enough A for her, then just work on resettling if you can.  That said, I've found with both my LOs that connecting sleep cycles was just something they both figured out in their own time...DS was closer to 6 months and DD around 4 months.