Author Topic: EASY failed?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Emma999

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 20, 2016, 05:08:41 am »
I have question, my baby is 3 months old and doesn't sleep well (tried everything suggested, sleeps on good day in my baby carrier). Soon I can start sleep training. I have tried EASY for suitable her age, but as I never know if she sleeps this day then every day is different EASY. So my question, when S is failed an new EA is coming, do I start with new EA? Even if baby eventually haven't slept for a whole day? And how long to carry on PU/PD, if baby still doesnt sleep? I once tried for 5 hours and still no results.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: EASY failed?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 19:10:12 pm »
Hi there, sounds like your trying so hard. I have a 16 week old and have just started some sleep training.

Will your little one sleep if you cuddle? What about going for a nice walk with the buggy?
5 hours is a long time to try certainly don't spend that long trying to get her to sleep with pu/pd you need a break.

What A time are you giving her?

For us I try first nap at home and use shush pat, but if it's a short nap I carry on with the day go out and about but make next A time shorter to avoid OT.

Do you think she could be in discomfort if she can't fall asleep? Wind or reflux?
Zoe

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: EASY failed?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 09:43:30 am »
She sounds very very little for PUPD. Have you tried shh pat? For us that is patting whilst an app plays white noise.

I have a baby who just carries on, too. I know how frustrating it is!

For starters, getting a good routine and getting your baby's body to expect sleep at a certain time is the most important thing. Use any prop you can, for now!

We had all sling naps until 3mo, then started trying for one nap a day in the crib after that. Your sanity is important, so it's about what you can take and what lets you enjoy this period, too. They are only babies for such a short time.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015