Author Topic: EW 6 month old  (Read 1471 times)

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
EW 6 month old
« on: May 20, 2016, 11:20:58 am »
Dd2 has been waking early for weeks now and I need to find a way to get it closer to 6am (I've just got her big sister waking later so now to tackle this one!)

Have logged her sleep for the past 2 days. These have been great nap wise and we've actually achieved 2 nap days. Today hasn't gone so great so far...

Wed
Wu 6.05 (resettled from 5.10)
Nap 9.15-10.45 (resettle at 45min)
Nap 2.00-3.30
BT 6.40

Thur
Wu 5.40 (dozed from 5.10)
Nap 9.50-10.20
Nap 1.50-3.30 (pd at 1.30)
BT 6.40

Fri
Wu 5.15 (no resettle)
Nap 8.35-9.20 (wouldn't resettle)
Nap 12.40-2.25
BT 5.50 (def OT as she woke about 3 times from bed to 8ish)

Sat
Wu 5 (no resettle)
I was hoping we might get to around 5.30 this morning considering she had a bit less day sleep yesterday and we stuck to 2 naps.

Her A times seem pretty decent already, surely we can't need any more or to be cutting back on naps??
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:51:16 am by lolsyb1982 »
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
Re: EW 6 month old
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 19:23:32 pm »
Hi Lauren!

So it looks like she needs around 3hrs first A, 3.15-20 ish 2nd A, then you're doing around 3 hrs to bed? And she's doing an 11hr night?
How long has she been on 2naps?

My DD had EW for 2-3wks after she went onto 2naps.  They only improved after she was able to push her last A longer to not need EBT anymore.  Until she was ready for that I had to ride it out. It looks to me like you're getting EW because she's at that awkward stage of A times being long enough for 2 naps & to get enough sleep in the day..but needing EBT and she's doing an 11hr night because that's her length of night sleep,

I think you might just need to wait for her to be ready for more A at some point in her day, I certainly wouldn't cut her naps any shorter.

One thing I would suggest is trying to get a more consistent first naptime, if you can, probably around 9ish if you're aiming for 6am Wu. I try not to move first nap too much earlier with EW as I think it maintains them for longer? But your first nap on Thurs was pretty late...would she not settle?

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 19:56:13 pm »
Hi there, in case it helps (I know it doesn't work for everyone), mine both went through a phase of 10min CNs during this transition, which I believe helped with just the problem you're describing. Could you even APOP a 10min CN temporarily?

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 21:17:27 pm »
SM - yes I think you're right and we are at that awkward stage. To be fair she has only been consistently on 2 naps for 4 days so I will ride out for a bit longer to see what happens. I can certainly set a time of 9am for her first nap (I love a set time!) to see if it helps. Will be a struggle some days when she wakes at 5 but will just have to resettle her.

That day which said 9.50 should have said 8.50 so yes about 3.10 first A. Interestingly the day her 2nd A was 3.5hrs was the easiest she has ever resettled at the 45min point (yep we still have the problem with transitioning) and was literally pop dummy in and walk away so I think if she gets a good first nap I can push the 2nd A out a bit.

Trimbler - we did the 10min cn for a bit but the day was getting even longer and nights weren't so I thought maybe was time to just bite the bullet and stick to 2 naps?

Lauren

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 09:01:28 am »
With the 3-2 I found that wake time crept earlier and earlier through the week, and if I threw in the odd 3-nap day that got us to a later bt. Sort of reset things, if that makes any sense?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015