Author Topic: 9m ONE nap  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
9m ONE nap
« on: May 21, 2016, 17:56:16 pm »
So I officially tried the ONE nap today. Put my 9m old down at noon and she slept 2hrs. Same as my 2 year old.
Normally, I've been doing two naps one mid-morning and one afternoon. However, its become increasingly difficult to get her to go to sleep in the afternoon because of my 2 year old. I think she knows he's up and about and does not want to miss out on what he's doing.
I know its a bit early to be dropping naps, but i just don't know what to do.
She sleeps 12hrs at night, no wakings. 6pm-6am. Hm. What should I do about the second nap?
When I pick up my son from daycare (he attends three times a week), we often get back past her nap time and she then just skips it.
She's quite content and doesn't fuss even when she's super tired.

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: 9m ONE nap
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 08:19:27 am »
Hi there:)

It always depends on what works for your baby, never what it suppose to be at any given age. If she is fine with 1 nap, I would go for it! Ba! I went for it when DS was 10 mo old:)

Do you mean, on those days she skips that 1 nap or the second one? In other works does she nap only once or she is awake from 6-6? I want to be specific:p If you mean she doesn't nap at all, I would still do everything to give her at least 1h nap. I know she is not fussy, but they need they rest to grow and gain strength:) 
I can look at your day to fit it somewhere.

Offline Adelheid

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 12:15:17 pm »
She always naps at least once. Its the second nap that gets skipped a lot.
I attempted the noon nap again just now..... She's been asleep for nearly 2.5hrs! I think I will just start doing that. Its way easier to plan around one nap than two, esp when it overlaps with her brother's!

Thank you!

Offline Bella89

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 18:24:45 pm »
That totally makes sense:)

If you can fit 2.5h nap- that's wonderful!!:) There was a time when DS was 1yo when he was doing 3.5 (growth spurt). Now we have to wake him up after 2h, because we were getting EW:/ But yes, right now, the longer 1 nap is, the better:)

Good luck!