Author Topic: Do I wake my 3.5 old at 7am??  (Read 1437 times)

Offline sara_haf

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:12:10 am »
Quick Q, my LO has been doing well this week and generally after the DF at 11 going until 5am. She will then babble loudly to herself and fuss a little On and off for as long as 1.5 hours until eventually falling back asleep (by herself, no intervention needed) around 6.30! Should I then be waking her at 7am to get the day started or 7.30? When she used to feed around this time id let her sleep til 7.30 because when she was younger I knew that her A time wouldn't be very long but now that she's older I'm thinking she should be up at 7 despite the half an hour of sleep before she gets up because her A time is now comfortably 1.5 hours. Having said that she is NOT a good napper (30min) so I always feel awful waking her in the morning. Help!!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Do I wake my 3.5 old at 7am??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 10:01:39 am »
It's up to you :D  Honestly, there is no right answer.  You don't have to wake her at all if you don't want to, I only ever wake mine in the mornings if I've had to because we are going out.  Some people find it helpful to start every day at roughly the same sort of time, but as EAS is a routine and not a schedule you can do whatever suits your family best x

Offline sara_haf

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 08:17:32 am »
Ok thanks. My gut tells me to wake her at 7 because at the minute we're struggling with the last nap of the day because everything is half an hour later and she can't settle for it and then it's too close to her bed time (which is 7). Anyway, another query if I may....I've been putting my LO Down at 1hr30 which works ok but yesterday and this morning I put her down at 1hr35. Yesterday she was asleep by then but this morning she was down at 1hr30 but didn't actually fall asleep until 1hr15. She was just happy in her basket and then just nodded off. No intervention from me needed. Does that mean she's ready for more A time if she didn't fall asleep until 1hr15?? Unfortunately I think playing with A times will be difficult due to broken/short naps but I can at least work on the first nap knowing she's had some good stretches in the night. Thanks. X

Offline sara_haf

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 12:08:49 pm »
Sorry meant 1hr45 not 1hr15!! Not with it!!  :P

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Do I wake my 3.5 old at 7am??
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 18:37:43 pm »
Could be that she wasn't quite so tired that time, it happens :) she may manage a touch more A time sometimes and not others. Great she did it all herself! :D