Author Topic: I'm done and don't know what to do anymore  (Read 9948 times)

Offline Reethepea

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: I'm done and don't know what to do anymore
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2016, 04:54:46 am »
So yesterday I thought we had done well: our easy looked like this but we had a very chatty night waking from 1.30-2.30 am. Any insight?

Nf- 5am
S-6-645
A
E
S 9.10-11.30
E
A
S 2pm-3.30pm
E
A
S .6.60pm
Df 10pm
Nw 1.30-2.30- happy and chatting.

She was grumpy yesterday despite good naps not sure if it was the heat. Any ideas what that night waking was??
DD 1- Spirited- July 2012

DD 2- Angel/Touchy April 2016

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 06:12:02 am »
Hi I know Scottishmummy has been supporting you, she's not online for a few days so I'm helping out on her posts so forgive me if I ask anything which has already been discussed.

How old is your LO now? 5 months?

Chatty NW are usually UT. Your EASY yesterday did look good. The typical amount of day sleep at this age is around 3 hours so could be that she had a touch too much. I would aim for a similar day again today and see if that NW was a one off or if it repeats in which case we can try and tweak.

Lauren

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2016, 08:38:35 am »
Thanks for the quick reply- she is 21 weeks- nearly 5 months 😊

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2016, 08:57:57 am »
I thought chatty night waking was under tired but that girl made me work for her a times yesterday she was so, so grumpy. I had to wake her after every nap.  I'm going to cap her morning nap to no more then 2 hours and then try for an hour afternoon. I will see how it goes. She's fab but definitely is keeping me on my toes 😊

So after 2.5 hrs a time her 1st nap was 45 mins today. So I should up her a times really??
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:46:20 am by Reethepea »

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2016, 10:49:45 am »
Yes they like to keep us on our toes don't they!

It does sound like she might need a little push before that first nap.

My DD2 was very grumpy too yesterday which i put down to the heat.
Lauren

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2016, 13:41:44 pm »
So today on 2.5 hrs between naps we have had 2 X 45 min naps. What with the night waking and the 5 am start I'm shattered. Dd2 is not too happy either. Think I'm going to have to opt for an uber early bedtime 😢

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2016, 13:47:06 pm »
I'm a big fan of EBT on bad nap days. We too will be doing the same as we've had a 30min and 45 min today. My fault though as we've been out and about so she has napped on the go.
Lauren

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2016, 11:42:22 am »
Looks like she might be ready for another A time push if you're getting 45min naps on 2.5hr A times. Maybe try 2hr45? The closer you get to 3hrs between naps, the closer you are to 2 naps  :)
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2016, 00:21:35 am »
Agree with increased A time. Those naps appear to be splitting.
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2016, 13:24:16 pm »
Thank you everyone, I have pushed a time to 3hrs in the morning- that gets us a 2 hour nap. Today she catnapped in the car so just refused a nap at 2pm but I will try again at 3. I just can't believe her A times. They seem really long for 21 weeks. But if she has long naps then she is really happy till her next one.
 this is our easy today. I woke her from her last nap at 4 to preserve bedtime at 7 however she was really grumpy and I think I have pushed her too hard. It's now 6pm and she was crying hard so hubby is putting her to bed.
Our easy today was
Wu 6am
E
A
S9-11
E
A
S catnap(no more then 15 mins in the car at 1pm) declined nap at 2- laughing and chatting in cot
A
E
S3-4pm
A
S- hubby doing bedtime routine as I type

So if she has more than 3.5 hours daytime sleep we have chatty night wakings hence trying to make sure not too much daytime sleep. However if she had gone down at 2 I would of let her sleep for 1.5 hrs and bedtime would have been 6.30. I'm not sure if putting her down at 6pm will impact on our night but she needed to sleep. Is early bedtime OK in the 3-2 transition?

I'm sorry this thread is still going on and is getting a bit lengthy x
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 17:03:52 pm by Reethepea »

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2016, 19:26:48 pm »
Hi

The 3hr A time and 2 hr nap on that looks great! Looking at your day, I think the 15min car nap meant she wasn't tired enough to nap at 2, but then got OT with a long afternoon.  I'd try for 3hrs A time before both naps again (hopefully she'll manage to stay awake for it!) and see how she does.

And yes, EBT is fine & often necessary in the 3-2.

You might find that in the early stages of going to 2 naps she can actually do more daysleep and still do a good night...I'd be tempted to try up to 2hrs for both naps at first (with her awake by 4pm) especially with her being only just 5mo so doing this transition a little early, and see how the night goes.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2016, 00:08:54 am »
When my almost 5 month old transitioned from 4-3 he wasn't staying awake long enough to justify doing it. Same as now. He is trying to transition 3-2 at under 5 months and he is pushing me to drop that late nap. During this time bedtime is brought forward and he has a longer night. I've just made sure he feeds well and has a good dreamfeed and he has been getting through without issues. I go on need and am not fixed to a schedule. If it doesn't work then go back to what you were doing before, all that happens is 1 early wakeup.
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 15:13:29 pm »
Thanks everyone. Irene when is your little one 5 months? Today we have had 2 decent naps and bedtime will be 6.30 ish but I'm open for reading her cues as she is not shy about expressing her needs 😊

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2016, 21:13:24 pm »
My boy is 5 months in 3 days  :)
I just observe and on the days when he doesn't have a good 2nd sleep then he needs a longer late afternoon catnap. On the days he he has 2 good sleeps the late catnap is miniscule and way too late in afternoon to maintain approximately 7pm bedtime so I'm having to cut the nap really short or not have it at all and bring bedtime forward. Problem is that he is awake maximum 2 hours 40 minutes when to drop the sleep he really needs to be awake 3 hours. So I bring bedtime forward. It makes sense to have a longer night by a bit than to make the day too long, leading to OT baby and dream feed issues.

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2016, 08:44:46 am »
Ahhh my girl is 5 months I the 4thvery close in age 😊. Yesterday was good for naps but she fell asleep on her bedtime bottle, then woke 15 mins later wide awake and full of it. She didn't then resettle till 7.45pm 😩. Today she woke at 6.20am and was in bed by 9.10 am due to mega(I'm assuming OT meltdown) so we will see how the day pans out. Good luck. I just can remember these times with dd1