Author Topic: I'm done and don't know what to do anymore  (Read 9925 times)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: I'm done and don't know what to do anymore
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2016, 12:50:07 pm »
I *think* her total  daysleep sounds about right for her age. My DD spread hers more evenly after the 3-2 (2x 1.5 hr naps) but the total sleep is about the same, you're just getting 1 shorter and one much longer, which is fine if it suits her. My DS did this but his day sleep was less- around 2-2.5hrs total (1 X 30-40min nap and 1x 1.5-2hr nap)

Sounds like you are happy with her milk intake. As you know, health advice (in UK at least) is to wait to as close to 6mo as possible to start solids.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2016, 00:38:38 am »
I'm in Australia - I'm following WHO advice of 6 months and of course milk is primary diet with introduction of solids of course for the first year. Here recommendations is 4-6 months to introduce solids. I'm following my baby. He was not ready at 4 months and at coming up 6 in a few weeks is probably almost ready now but Illston hold off a bit closer to 6 months.
My boy is moving into 3-2 - staying awake anywhere between 2.5-3 hours now - admittedly his day sleep is probably closer to 2.5 hours total now and he sleeps like a log all night. The afternoon sleep has split to 40 minutes so he is doing 1 big morning sleep and 2 catnaps instead of 2 big sleeps but we are managing well so far. I probably need to help consolidate that second sleep but it's been a busy term so we are getting by on the 2 catnaps quite well so far.
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline Reethepea

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2016, 14:57:02 pm »
I'm back after a an ok month. Dd 1 is now at school full time and despite our hiccups are easy has worked out like this
Wu-6-7am
A 3hrs
S-9 or 10 depending on wake up till 11.30-12 nearly always 1.5-2hrs
E
A
S 3.15-4.15(on a good day)
E
A
S bedtime between 6 and 7 pm

So our problem seems to be she is fighting the second nap. She has been in bed for 30 mins and is still not asleep. I'm going to have to get her up soon or she won't go down tonight. It's a major pain with the school run as she would really like to go down at 2.30-3 but she can't. I have thought about capping the 1st nap but because of her a time and us having to leave for school latest at 2.30pm it wouldn't be long enough. Any advice?
DD 1- Spirited- July 2012

DD 2- Angel/Touchy April 2016

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2016, 18:08:24 pm »
Hi again!
That looks like a good routine. Have you seen this thread on the EASY board?  School Run with a baby in tow - EASY tips and support

Might be worth posting there for tips and suggestions from other school run mums?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2016, 20:24:09 pm »
Pretty much our routine. I'm just rolling with it. Babe taking a nnap around 3.30pm and I'm not caring if he catnaps as he usually has 2 hours morning sleep. He's in bed around 7-730pm and sleeps all night.
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2016, 21:20:13 pm »
Thanks girls. As usual you have made me feel much better 😊

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2016, 11:11:02 am »
I am capping the 2nd nap for us. As my son is tending to do 2 hours in the morning - and I am not waking him until 2 hours - then he does not need a long 2nd sleep in the day so if he does the cat nap it means he would have done approximately 3 or under hours sleep. I have let him go to 1.5 hours in the afternoon nap and this has been too much. I will not be surprised if he is on one sleep before age 1, it seems that is the way that it is heading. Hope that helps as our kids seem to be on the same routine now.

Offline Reethepea

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2016, 17:53:31 pm »
That does help, my hubby and I were discussing that we thought dd2 would drop the 2nd nap before her first year. its nice to know that someone else is going through similar too 😊