Author Topic: EASY routine for newborn/4 week old  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: May 28, 2016, 20:33:49 pm »
I'm looking at the sample routine for 4 week old and both morning naps (8:15 and 11:15) are going to all within drop off and pick up for my 3 year old from school. Any suggestions? I will be leaving st 8:45 to bring him home by 910 and leaving to get him most days 11:15 latest 12:45. Just trying to figure this out before baby gets here. Although I don't remember there being much of a routine in the very beginning.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: EASY routine for newborn/4 week old
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 13:59:04 pm »
Honestly, I'd just see what happens, like you said there's often not much of a routine at that age anyway and LO will likely sleep in a sling/pram or the car if you need to get out.  Try not to worry about it before it happens :)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 16:00:58 pm »
I'd agree with Katherine, I have 17 week old and 4 yr old and first few weeks are really about just going with the flow until everyone learns how to fit in with each other.
Zoe

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:44:03 pm »
I'm just anxious being that I was able to really follow the EASY with my first born and it looks like it's going to be quite difficult with the second child just as far as the schedules go.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 13:23:57 pm »
It's a different ball game and you can do it but honestly we didn't really get anything much sorted until a few weeks ago. Just made sure A time was appropriate, tried to put down awake etc but they do just slot in really.
Zoe

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:13:00 am »
as far as the schedules go.

I think a distinction between a routine (where things happen in a certain pattern ie EAS) versus a schedule (where things happen at the same time every day) is important when adding a second (or third) baby to the mix. I know I did not do so well with DD2 (however she was a pretty touchy baby) as I did with DD3 (went with the flow more and did not do much by the clock - except bedtime as the older two had a set bedtime).

My goal with DD3 was to attempt the first nap at a decent A time and try for the crib but I gave myself a time limit and then apop'd away! I dealt with independent sleep slowly but surely and we got there in the end.
Heidi

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 13:15:03 pm »
Looks like awake for 1.5 then asleep for 1.5. I'm just going to try to be mindful of how much rest baby needs. That's one thing I don't think I realized with first baby. I probably kept him up too long lol. But this baby will have to apop and go with the flow more. My first we were always home for every nap and feeding etc. and he's still very routine/schedule oriented to this day. Which is not such a bad thing lol

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 13:19:25 pm »
No it sure isn't! My DD2 is like that. I keep this link as a fav on my phone: Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

Then I had something to go off of for A times handy (though lol DD3 did not fit the average!)
Heidi