Author Topic: 8 mo trouble falling asleep  (Read 681 times)

Offline twinmama2

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 29, 2016, 03:04:52 am »
My 8 month old daughter has been able to fall asleep independently for quite a while now but the last few days she fights naps and bedtime a lot.  It just started all of a sudden after a rough night. I already took her to the doctor and she seems healthy, no ear infections, possibly teething. I'm not sure if we're just in a rough sleep regression that we need to ride out, or maybe a nap transition?? She's been between two or three naps for quite a while, depending on what time she wakes in the morning and how long her naps are. I'm terrified of bumping up her awake time for fear that it will make everything worse!
Or goal is usually about 2.5 hours A time. Lately it's been more than that because she plays, fusses, or cries for at least 15 minutes (two nights ago it was 1.5 hours after I put her to bed that I finally got her to sleep...and I had to nurse her down at that point).  However, I've tried putting her down closer to 2 hr 45min hoping that she'd go to sleep quicker, but it was still at least 15 minutes. So I'm not sure what to do! Any help is appreciated!!

These are the last couple days:

Friday: awake 6:15
Down for nap at 9:05, cried and asleep 9:20-10:50 (cried 5 min at 10:00)
Down for nap at 1:20, fussed and asleep 1:30-2:35
Down for nap at 5:00, screamed and nursed her down 5:20-6:35 (this was an unusually long 3rd nap, it's typically 30-45 min)
Bed 8:30, fussed 15 minutes before falling asleep
NF at 3:40

Saturday: awake at 6:20
Nap 9:20-12:00 (nursed her down because she wouldn't settle)
Down for nap at 2:45, fussed and asleep 3:00-4:15
Bed at 6:50, fussed and cried of and on, asleep by 7:30

TIA!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 8 mo trouble falling asleep
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 13:57:37 pm »
Her A times are super-short for 8 months, 3-4 hours would be a guide but I would say 3 minimum and likely closer to 3.5 would be typical.  Almost all babies here would be definitely on 2 naps by now too so I think pushing A times is where you need to go! She's telling you she's not tired ;). Try bumping her A times straight to 3 hours and see how you get on, unless it's a total disaster day I'd only offer two naps and then bring BT early if needed x