Author Topic: DETECTIVES WANTED!! 11 wk old nap struggles, 45 min wakeups.  (Read 2802 times)

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: DETECTIVES WANTED!! 11 wk old nap struggles, 45 min wakeups.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 01:27:06 am »
Hmm.... In a case like that I'd try extending the initial A time by 5 -10 minutes at a time, no more, see if you can stretch her without getting her OT. We extended DD's A time a little at a time, 5 minutes here and another 5 minutes a day or two later, until she had a more consistent 2-hour A time. That was part of the puzzle of getting her tired enough to KEEP napping w/o being OT. Such a delicate balance, which was why we went in small increments.

Offline eeleahc

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 18:53:00 pm »
that was the exact same routine as me a few weeks ago!  i started extending awake time to 1:15 or 1:20 and started to see better napping.... and thought.. yay I figured it out..lol.. until now..

Deb: DD2 is now 14.5 weeks old. naps the past couple weeks have been so-so, manageable, and since she is an angel/textbook baby, even on a 45 min nap she is happy. I'm thankful for this. Typically she was doing 60 min morning nap, then a 50 min nap, then a 45, the last nap ranges from 30-45 min. Up near 8 am and to bed around 8:45.

This week has been awful, back to 40 min naps. Wondering if I need to extend A time again?? SHe's already at 2 hours A time. I think I got 2-3 60 min naps out of her this week and everything less than that. Is it normal for her age to need more than 2 hours A time? or perhaps it's actually too long? I know the 4 hour routine is coming upon me soon....

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 19:09:41 pm »
I wouldn't go longer than 2 hours right now. What's the rest of her day looking like, and her night? When are NWs?

Offline eeleahc

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 20:56:25 pm »
today has been so bad... she just woke up 30 min into her nap (previous nap was 40 min), i put her down at the 2 hour mark and she didn't fall asleep until 2:10 min. She;s happy smiling barely even looks tired at 2 hours A time! perhaps I'm missing her cues and she's overtired? but she's still happy!! I'm so confused...

past couple nights have been rough, waking 2 am, put soother in until 3, feed, then she was up again at 5:30, soother in, up at 7:30 but put herself back to sleep until 8 ish. She also seems to struggle to sleep anytime before the 2 hour A mark before bedtime. So now, I'm gunna try to get her back to sleep at 1.5 hour mark for last catnap, or else she will be awake until 9pm or later! ah!