Author Topic: Help, 26 month old waking crying at night ¿2nd molars?  (Read 880 times)

Offline Luciagerard

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help, 26 month old waking crying at night ¿2nd molars?
« on: May 31, 2016, 13:47:47 pm »
Hello
Just weaned the pacifier 5 days  ago,he cried asking for it only the first night, then he hasnt asked again for it.
But for the last 2 nights has been waking crying every 2 hours and he cries non stop for more than 30 min, nothing I can do or say will make him stop and he even gets more upset.
He hasnt been eating much, and I just saw that 2nd bottom molars  are comimg trough..so I gave him Ibuprofen before bedtime but has done no difference..
If I had seen the molars coming would not have taken the dummy away, but I dont want to give it back again as he hasnt asked again...
Dont know what else to do..he hasnt really slept much for the past 2 days..
He goes to daycare
His routine is more or less like this
Wu 7:30-745
Nap 1:30-2:30
Bt 8:15 ( asllep by 8:30-8:45) he usually sleeps through the night
Anyone has past the same? How long can it be till second molar is completely out?and not painful?
I cant remember him like that so miserable  with the other teeth...
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 14:46:04 pm by Luciagerard »

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Re: Help, 26 month old waking crying at night ¿2nd molars?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 21:09:12 pm »
Hi Honey. Usually around day 4/5 there is a burst of old habit so some regression is normal. Stay where you are and the dummy will be a history soon. Re molars, it probably depends but in out case it wakes months... Of course there are waves of good days and bad days but really it can take ages. Have you used gel? It may help much at that age. Re ibuprofen are you using a dosage according to his weigh or according to a packaging? If he is a big 2yo it might be too low dosage for him. It's worth talking to a doctor and asking for calculating a proper dosage - it's quite simple to do it yourself but all meds usage should be firstly consulted by a doc.
~Marta

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 21:17:17 pm »
The 2nd molars for us were absolute hell, I try my best to forget it but the memory lingers :(
My DS suffered general teething pretty much constantly for a year with a 3 day gap between the canines finishing and the molars starting, but the part you are describing when they cut through, that was the absolute worst part which lasted several nights.  My DS was so bad those nights I ended up getting him out of bed and bringing him downstairs to calm down in a different environment - even a bit of kids TV!
I gave paracetamol and inbuprofen making sure that neither went over the dose allowance in 24hrs and kept one dose for using in the middle of the night.
And lots and lots of cuddles!
I hope it passes soon for you both!

Offline Luciagerard

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 05:32:53 am »
Thanks!
He was much better tonight,had a few nightwakes but went back to sleep inmediately, no crying, didn't even have to go in...
During the day he is fine, only that he is not eating much,not even his favourite meal or biscuits!
Only gave him ibuprofen before bedtime, dosage calculates by his weight...
He hasnt asked for the dummy again since the first night.
I will just have to have patience!!
Thanks again!