Author Topic: Help with walk in walk out for 11 month baby  (Read 825 times)

Offline Jojo290615

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help with walk in walk out for 11 month baby
« on: May 31, 2016, 17:19:22 pm »
Hi everyone
I was wondering if anyone could help with the walk in walk in method.

My baby since around 6 months has been really good at self soothing... Would put him down drowsy and within 10 mins he would sleep. No crying or fussing.

Then around the 10 month mark .. He went through a leap.. Development milestones... And a bad ear infection. So we would help him get to sleep... Never in arms ( a part from ear infection) we settle in his crib. Ssshing and patting him.

Now he is well over the leap and ear infection and will not fall asleep without us in the room.
So I read that the walk in walk out method is good for my situation.

I did it last night .. I was in and out for about 45 mins!! The problem is he has a little blankie and he throws it out !! Then cries because he knows I will pick it up. I did it once last night at bedtime then didn't .. But then I wonder if he is crying because he doesn't have it!! Anyway he fell asleep after a while .. But it's tough and this evening was the same if not worse !! He slept crappy today so probably overtired! He stops crying as soon as I go in ...
I say the same words .. Good night see you tomorrow... Then he looks at me and starts crying as soon as he hears those words!! I then walk out when he has stopped a bit and wait until the cry escalates which it does..:(

Am I doing the method right ?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 17:23:12 pm by Jojo290615 »

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
Re: Help with walk in walk out for 11 month baby
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 00:34:13 am »
Hi jojo, yes! The first 3 nights are the hardest and by night 5, lo's usually get to IS. DS also throws his lovie out for whatever reason, and my rule of thumb is that I'll pick it up once and no more. I think you did fantastic. IT's great you stay until he calms before leaving. I would do the exact same thing every night for at least 5 days and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, we can reasses. But I did what you fid and it worked for us!