Author Topic: Breastfeeding and night wakings  (Read 756 times)

Offline Knottster

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 01, 2016, 05:27:26 am »
Hello Everyone. Hoping for some advice around night feeds and putting my baby back down to sleep. We have Ben doing pu/pd for the last week and it has generally been successful with night wakings reducing dramatically. My 6.5 month old does wake for either one or two feeds. Am I suppose to wake her before putting her down. She almost always falls back asleep at the end of the feed. Just want to make sure I am not creating another problem. Thanks in advance for any advice given. Mx

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Breastfeeding and night wakings
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 05:49:08 am »
No I never woke after a night feed. 1-2 feeds for an ebf baby is pretty normal for this age (lol though in saying that I think DD3 had 2 or 3 nf's at this age). What does your lo's routine look like? Could the nw's be partly due to needing a routine tweak? (This is a common age to drop from 3 to 2 naps a day).
Heidi

Offline Knottster

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 13:28:54 pm »
Good, I haven't either as I thought it seemed abut mean. She has just transitioned to 2 naps naturally this week and is on a 3.5 EASY although I breastfeed more frequently if needed. Her night wakings have completely improved in the last week so do think it was working but never came across what to do about sleeping after a feed in the middle of the night. We also just removed her paci which improved her ability to settle back to sleep closer to awake time.