Author Topic: 4 month sleep regression?  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Julie Kenwell

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 16:33:09 pm »
It hasn't changed from last week really, still has an a time of 2 hrs but he has fought his naps today. I'm frazzled! Just want this to end!!!!!
I think he might be heading slowly towards 3 naps too, some days it's very late for the fourth nap so I cap  it and some days I have to extend his third nap so that he's not OT for bedtime.
Yea it was roughly every three hours last night for us too. He took 30 mins to go to sleep at bedtime but he didn't fuss at all, just lay in his crib rolling about.

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: 4 month sleep regression?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 17:19:59 pm »
Well at least he goes down independently! Teach me how haha! I'm on operation no swaddle so we are having quite the mess.. During naps. Not nights yet. That'll be another battle!

Yeah he might just be ready for 3 naps! Mine too actually!

If he's fighting his nap, maybe try to PD a bit earlier if you know he will be awhile? Could help. Maybe he's OT from the bad nights? Just a thought ;)
Fabi

Offline Julie Kenwell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 19:16:52 pm »
His fourth nap today he lay in his crib for half an hour talking to himself before going over which meant he had an a time of 2.5 hrs. I had to wake him 10 mins later because I didn't want to mess up bedtime.
It's hard to know what to do for the best isn't it?
I'm wondering if I should gently extend his a times in the day to help with eliminating the  fourth nap. I know his a times have been on the long side before but if he can manage 2.5hrs quite happily maybe he could manage a few minutes extra during the day?

Offline FPT23

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 01:11:33 am »
2.5 is already pretty long for his age... That could be the reason for your short naps and why you can't push out that 4th nap, kwim?
Fabi

Offline Julie Kenwell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 14:59:55 pm »
Sorry I probably didn't explain myself very well, his first three naps yesterday had an a time of 2hrs, just the final nap was 2.5 a time, and that was with me putting him down at the 2hr mark. So he lay in his cot talking to himself for that extra 30 mins before going to sleep and then I had to wake him ten mins later so as not to interrupt bedtime. The other three naps yday he yawned at the 1 hr 50 mark so I put him down each time and he fought for about ten mins each time. That's why I wondered whether putting him down a few mins later for the earlier naps might have made a difference. His night last night was slightly better than it has been, we actually had a four hour stretch at the start of the night! And he went down fine at bedtime too despite the lone a time for his last nap and only getting tens mins for the nap as well.
Seems odd getting excited about a four hours stretch at night when he had been doing ten about a month ago!x

Offline FPT23

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 15:32:02 pm »
Awake time is eyes open eyes closed.

So if he's at 2 hr A time you need to PD by 1.45 in hopes he's out by 2 A time kwim?

I'm glad things are better! ;) in their own way
Fabi

Offline Julie Kenwell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 13:46:41 pm »
I think I do, I've really just been putting him down when he shows his tired signs though.
Last night was slightly better again but still woke up twice.
And he actually seems more tired today, looking for naps a bit earlier.
I hope your lo is settling better.x

Offline FPT23

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 14:31:03 pm »
Aww well hopefully things improve for both!

Thank you :)
Fabi

Offline Julie Kenwell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 16:07:21 pm »
Hey just wondering how your LO is doing now?
Things have got steadily worse here.
He is waking up multiple times at night, even waking 40 mins after bedtime.
Extremely cranky for most of the day and seems to be looking for hos naps earlier than he had been previously.
I had been blaming it on teething for a few days but I see no sign of any teeth coming through.
I'm thinking ot may be time to start doing some sleep training as this has been going on for weeks and weeks.

Offline FPT23

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 19:13:44 pm »
Hi there.

Mine recently turned a corner this week ;D and I'm super happy haha BUT I did get some help from other moms here on the forum.

What do you do for him to get down to sleep normally?
Post his EASY please and age now

Hugs!
Fabi

Offline Julie Kenwell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2016, 07:42:13 am »
He will be 19 weeks tomorrow.
I haven't really been keeping track of his easy as it's just been so haywire.
But in general it's similar to what it was at the beginning of this post only that he now wants to take his naps 10-15 mins earlier than that.
Yesterday his naps were all short.
He is very clingy for much of the day. He is dribbling a lot and putting his hands in his mouth but honestly, there is absolutely no sign of a tooth at all.
Last night he was up every two hours and at 3.30 he wouldn't settle with the dummy, I tried to rock him and he dosed over but when I set him down he woke again. I gave him a bottle which he took about 3oz of and then he went over to sleep. But when he woke this morning he only took two oz of his morning bottle.
The two nights before that he woke 40 mins after bedtime and the nightwakings were every two hours or so after that.
I feel like his whole sleep is just falling apart!

Offline Julie Kenwell

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 07:49:48 am »
I should have added that he goes down for all sleep completely independently. He sucks his thumb and recently is out like a light within a minute or two, and that is with the activity time being shortened.
But when he wakes at night he doesn't self soothe, he needs the dummy.
I've tried to just bring it all back to basics and follow his cues but I don't think even he knows what he wants!

Offline FPT23

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 12:56:29 pm »
So sorry! Many hugs!!

If you can please try your best to track his EASY. Whatever it looks like, for the next few days.

That would be of very helpful! Come back here and post

Hugs xoxo
Fabi

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 17:15:18 pm »
16 weeks old here.... definitely 4 month sleep regression!
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.