Author Topic: Breakfast ideas  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »
Theses days my 3 year old isn't interested in eating breakfast for a while after waking. Summer camp starts next week and I dont want to send him hungry. Any suggestions?

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Breakfast ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 13:49:07 pm »
My DS isn't interested is breakfast much either.  Most days he gets by on a bowl of dry cereal or a granola bar or something.  He has a big lunch so I kind of don't stress about it too much.  Do they serve lunch at camp/do you pack a lunch?

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 18:09:38 pm »
 I think it's just a snack. It's from 9 to 12

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 18:35:34 pm »
Mine has never been able to eat right after waking, even as a baby he would need at least 30 mins after waking in the morning before taking milk. I set his morning timer lights to go off in plenty of time before we need to be out - he has enough time to read a chapter of a book, play in his play room, then have milk and breakfast and then play more or watch TV before getting washed/dressed and another 5-10 mins play before we leave the house for school.  He's awake almost 2 hours before our leave time.  Not saying to wake your DS up 2 hours earlier, but maybe 30 min earlier hand he can play then have breakfast??

Eggs are great breakfast, I was watching a programme last night about the benefits (or not) of certain foods and the protein in eggs really does help to keep the energy up until lunch time.  The other really good breakfast was jumbo porridge oats (rather than quick oats which are processed/ground), the larger oat takes longer to release energy.  So porridge, or muesli (I soak DS's the night before so it's lovely and soft by morning plus I don't have to do anything to it, just tip it into a bowl) or some oaty chews or flap jacks (perhaps with less or no sugar/syrup) or oaty biscuits would be great for breakfast.

Offline Bella89

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 20:01:17 pm »
We do:
1. Scrambled eggs
2. Mozzarella miniballs with piece of toast or bread
3. Cottage cheese by itself :p
4. Oatmeal

Offline athenasmom

• Showing Appreciation 16
  • What ice cream ... I had no ice cream!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 13:47:39 pm »
None of us can eat right after waking up either. Is there a way you can pack a cereal bar and a banana or some other fruit for him for camp and tell the teacher to give it to him later? Are you driving him to camp? My kids seem to like to eat in the car. Maybe you can offer a cheese stick or a banana in the car while driving  ;)
*Suzanna*

Offline eva026

• Showing Appreciation 32
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 17:43:00 pm »
I make kind of mini pancakes, different variates of ingredients.
Base of 1-2 tblsp flour, baking powder (maybe a bit more flour depending how runny the rest of the ingredients are), 1 egg
Then I add 1-2 tblsp of whatever I have at home: for sweetness - cooked pumpkin, cooked sweet potato, apple sauce, mashed banana
then also one of the following - mashed strawberries (or whatever berries I have), cooked carrots, shredded and cooked spinach etc

It takes 5 min to make or you can make them the night before and microwave them in the morning.
DD loves the diff kinds and colours with a bit of honey drizzled on top or even just plain.