Author Topic: 6.5 month old suddenly only taking a short 2nd nap  (Read 2263 times)

Offline HettyO

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6.5 month old suddenly only taking a short 2nd nap
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 13:19:52 pm »
Consistency  does seem to be paying off. His morning nap has been 2 hours the last two days! Thanks so much for your patience and guidance

2.5 does seem non negotiable for his first A time and 6is the new WU time. This means our EASY looks like this,

WU 6 (babbles happily in cot till I feed him)
E 6.45 bf
A
E 7.45 solids
S 8.30-10,30
E 12 solids
A
S 1.30-3
E 3 BF
A
E 4 solids
A
E. 6.15
S 6.45

One night waking still between 2.30-4.30 when he will feed for 5 minutes (still slowly cutting this dow) he has resettled three times with this now but woken up properly half hour later crying for a feed so not quite ready to drop it yet.

Does this look OK or does it need tweaks still? As much as I'd love to return to 7 WU for myself it does seem to suit him having an earlier start to the day.

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 13:34:15 pm »
I would just continue to push that first A every few days even if it is just slightly, otherwise you will end up in a UT/OT situation.  My DD is just over 6 months and doing a 3.15hr A time :). If you keep pushing that first A it should eventually give you a later WU, one of the main reasons for EW is not enough A time in the morning. 

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 13:53:57 pm »
Just putting this out as another option!  For us DD liked a shorter first A time and longer as the day went on.  We got EW after going from 3-2 naps and we had to push the last A time longer to get a later wake up...she ended up doing 2.5hrs; 3hrs; 4hrs eventually and that gave us a later Wu.

So 2 options to think about! Either try extending the first A time or the A time before bed to try to get a longer day, later BT and later Wu. It's your call on which you think your DS would cope with better.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline HettyO

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 10:37:36 am »
Thanks both.

He's definitely ready for that nap in the morning so not sure I could extend it much more. I did manage to push it back to 2.45 A time today having said that, that was after a 630 wake up. He has had thisnthr kast two days. He seem quite happy to lengthen his A time as the day goes on. 3 hours-3.5 for the second and then c4 for the last. Will stick with this for another few days and see if he will settle himself. If EWS continue then go for either option a or b depending on which way I think I can push it. He's  still managing at least one 2 hour nap so we're definitely getting there

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2016, 12:51:25 pm »
That routine actually sounds really good for his age...& although 6/6.30 seems early, technically anything between 6-7pm is a "normal" wu time for a BT around 7pm.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD