Author Topic: Tips on weaning things ;)  (Read 807 times)

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Tips on weaning things ;)
« on: June 07, 2016, 19:36:12 pm »
Hello!

Few questions! Hope someone can relate and throw me some pointers ;)

I have recently decided to wean the paci before he gets older. Do it nowwwww! ;) ...but my question is, would it make sense to wean the swaddle first? Normally, I pat to help him doze off or caress his head, with the paci until the paci then does the work. My conflict here is, I don't want to hurt him in anyway by taking his soothing tool, kwim? I know I can help him calm down with patting from the crib as that's what we usually do anyway... And he'll eventually fall asleep, but I'm worried it's stressful to him or you know how sometimes taking away their security cold turkey can affect them? I believe on weaning slowly and I've read into Pantleys method and have always done that, yet months later still needs it to sleep. Should I wean swaddle first to allow him to grab or use something else? Or could I wean, and try my usually patting from the crib and later when I decide to ST, wean the patting etc?

Hope this makes sense ;) he's never woke a million times for it at nights, and he's gone long naps without it.. But lately it seems the need for it is getting stronger. So I just prefer, "the smaller the better" ...? :)

Thank you! :)
Fabi

Offline whattoexpect

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 05:40:25 am »
I have read this somewhere but have not experience myself.
So that mom cut the paci ever so little every couple of days. Eventually the paci becomes so short that baby lose interest.
not sure if this would work :P

Offline FPT23

Re: Tips on weaning things ;)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 19:02:10 pm »
I've read that too.. Hmm we will see I guess thank you!

I'm just concerned I will hurt him in some way removing what soothes him :(

And should i remove one thing at a time or work on both? Hmm
Fabi

Offline FPT23

Re: Tips on weaning things ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 21:50:52 pm »
Swaddle experience wanted ;)

How Did y'all know when baby was ready? Mine has had legs and feet out for awhile and does well... I tried one arm out today out of curiosity and he just sucks and grabs at his toes, or sucks his hands- and removes his paci.... :o

I fear the worst when I wean it all.

Experience? Xo!
Fabi