Author Topic: Struggling with feeding and getting to a 3 hour easy with 3.5 week old  (Read 5125 times)

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mum to 2 girls. DD1 Sept 2012, DD2 May 2016
Hi
We have been given infant carobel powder to thicken the formula. Have been told to try for 3-4 days and go back if no improvement.

I have no experience with this treatment but will give it a go.
Claire

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Look at the positive - you are getting what looks like 4 hour stretch between feeds at night. My boy was similar at that age. Daytime was different here though... first challenge is dealing with the reflux but if it were severe you wouldn't get that stretch in the night. Friend of mine has had 2 kids so far with bad reflux who were up every hour.
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mum to 2 girls. DD1 Sept 2012, DD2 May 2016
Hi
Yes DD1 had reflux although as soon as was treated by 10 days did settle well.
I am certainly grateful for the nights as it could be worse. I make sure she is in a deep sleep upright on me before laying her down and I do just think she knows it's night time.
Anyway will see if this thickener does anything.
Because of the regurgitation and swallowing and coughing maybe an hour after a feed I suspect it is the acid coming back up so not sure just thickening the milk will help but we will see.
Claire