Author Topic: 6 week old manic at BT  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
6 week old manic at BT
« on: June 16, 2016, 09:56:23 am »
Hi all, DD is 6.5 weeks now. Her witching hr starts about 530. I put DS to bed between 6-8 depending on whether he napped that day.  She becomes so manic around 530 impossible to put down etc. So I'm wearig her a lot and we've got that figured out. Ive tried outting her down earlier for bed at like 730 and later like 915 to see if anything works. It's taking uowards of 1hr 15 min to get her settled. I have a short routine of lullaby diaper change feed then put down in her rocknplay but she will act tired then start squurming and wake up again and start to cry, kick her legs and arms and go crazy, I'll get her settled back down with her paci she'll close her eyes and the  it starts again. This can go on for over an hr. We haven't started easy yet because she sleeps so much durong the day, can really only do 45min A time and then sleeps for a long time. She sleeps at night about 9-12 or 1 sometimes 2 then again at 4 or 5. Trying to get her back to sleep after that last 4 or 5 am feesing is a doosie too.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6 week old manic at BT
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 10:12:41 am »
Congrats on new DD :)

Just throwing it out there - have you tried earlier, like 6:30 BT for DD? She might do better with that...

re: 4/5am feed - gas an issue? Sometimes if BFing, that can be the one feed (presuming others are ok) that is an issue from a supply/excess volume point of view.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 10:32:39 am »
Hi i ws hesitant for such an ebt because one my son goes to bed around that time and he is ether eating dinner or in the bath or we are reading books? Trying to figure out how to do it that early as I'm always by myself at bt. Also we ended up doing that with ds when he was a baby and he would get up at 445/5 for the day and it was awful.

Gas could certainly be an issue with the early morning feed, but even when I do get he to sleep she wakes up a lot.

**Siobhan**

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 10:34:57 am »
As we speak I can see her trying to pass gas so that could be an issue.

**Siobhan**

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 17:52:51 pm »
At that age we were just not able to put DD2 down from 5-10 PM. No matter how early or late we tried it she would not settle. So we just decided to keep her in our arms or wear her and we tried again for an earlier BT around 3 months and it worked. I think it is not unusual at that age. DH used to watch movies with her in his arms while I slept a little to give me a break.
Elise

Offline becj86

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 20:46:11 pm »
Also we ended up doing that with ds when he was a baby and he would get up at 445/5 for the day and it was awful.
I remember ;) Possibly not as much as you do, but I do recall that.

She could be like ENMS said - just not going to settle no matter what time it is, but also, she's a different little person than your DS and the same rules won't necessarily apply.

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 20:51:33 pm »
Lol i was all over these boards with DS. His sleep, his MSPI, his GERD.. His sleep is still awful but now I can just leave him in bed till a more reasonable time. :) she is so different than DS in every way. She sleeps a lot during the day and is very easy going, except during her witchinf hour soyou may be right she just may have to grow out of this.

**Siobhan**

Offline becj86

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 21:21:33 pm »
She may be a little more typical sleep-wise, then and need that slightly earlier BT or she might just outgrow it. Anything after 7pm was terrible for DS and still is at 5yo, so they're all pretty different, yk?

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 00:28:29 am »
I think maybe I should just thank my lucky stars that (cross our fingers and knock on wood) other than some gas and me having to eliminate dairy from my diet she hasn't shown nearly the medical issues DS had.

I attempted a 7 pm bt and got an 8 LOL i ended up just rocking her until she was dead asleep and putting in her in the rock n play but at least she settled this time. I'll wake her for a DF at 930 and we'll see how that goes. Last time I got an EBT like this she woke on her own after an hr and it was hell getting her back to sleep.

**Siobhan**

Offline becj86

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 06:47:02 am »
FX for you :)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 00:35:04 am »
So it worked yesterday, did a df at 930 she woke at 230 and 5. Up for the day at 730. Tonight is a different story. She didnt fight sleep at all and passed out right after eating at 745
 But now keeps waking up as if it were a nap? Argh.. its hard because there is no easy to speak of right now because if we go anywhere she's out cold in the car. With a 4yr old i can't stay home all day. What does an eaay look like for a 7week old anyway lol it's been too long.

**Siobhan**

Offline becj86

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 19:35:02 pm »
I think at 7 weeks, if you can keep a general EAS order to things and get night and maybe one nap in the cot you're doing totally fine. So IIWM, I'd feed her then spend A time getting the pair of them into the car and then drive wherever and let her nap in the car. Does she keep sleeping once you stop driving? You can't stay inside all day with LO1!

Its pretty loose at this age - something like this (shift of course, if you WU earlier, etc.):
7 - WU, eat
8 - nap
10 - eat
11 - nap
1 - eat
2 - nap
4 - eat
5 - nap
6:30 - eat
7:30 BT

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 01:49:49 am »
Just an update, we started doing BT earlier which is harder due to DS's BT but she fights it much much less. She's going down between 7-8 closer to 7 now. Much eaaier to put down, plus her witching hour has sort of relaxed as well so that's helped.

**Siobhan**

Offline becj86

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 05:32:57 am »
Glad its getting easer for you xx