Author Topic: A bit desperate now :(  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: A bit desperate now :(
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 16:46:29 pm »
Woot!!! :D

Offline FPT23

• Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 17:16:28 pm »
And....

1.20 hr nap ;D
Fabi

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 19:09:04 pm »
Awesome!

Offline FPT23

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 21:18:28 pm »
Keep y'all posted :)
Fabi

Offline FPT23

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 14:28:30 pm »
Hi there! Well here's my EASY

Thursday 5/23

WU: 6:45

E
A
S 10:10 (attempted since 9. Tried in my arms, fussed. PD and left once he was calm instead of helping him as usual. He stayed calm and quiet and almost went to sleep on his own, but never fully could. Ended up PU and fell asleep in my arms, PD and had hand on chest.) -- 10:40. Resettled 10:55-11:55

E 12:30
A
S 2:15 (car/stroller- errands) -3:15

E 3:30
A
S 5:00 (car ride) - 5:30

BT 7

Friday 5/24

EW: 5:30 resettled in our bed

WU: 7:30 ish

E
A
S (pd 9:20) asleep by 9:30 - 10:50

E 11
A
S (at a restaurant stroller) 12:55-1:30

E 2:00
A
S 3:30-5:30 (I woke up!)

E 5:30
A
BT 7:30

6/25 Saturday

Ew: 5:20 resettled

WU: 7:15

E 7:30
A
E 9:00
S 9:55 (car seat. Ds1 Bball game) -10:30

E 12:00
A
S 12:30 -2:50 (we woke!)

E 3:00
A
S 5:00 (car seat. Out) -5:30

BT 7ish

6/26 Sunday

WU: 7:30

E 7:40
A
S 9:30 - 10:40 (I woke up. DS1 swim lesson)

E 10:45
A
E 11:45
S 12:50 (a bit late. Were out grocery shopping) -2:45

E 2:50
A
S 5:10-5:30/5:45-6:00 (car seat. Out)

BT 8

;D ;D ;D

Things have just done a 360!! It's been all long naps since and long sleep stretches ;) thanks for the help ladies! Always good to take a step back and ask for a little advice! I'm sure this won't last forever haha I'll be back with more questions I'm sure haha ;)

I appreciate all the help and suggestions!

Yay! ;D !
Fabi

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 18:34:36 pm »
That's great!  To me skimming through those it looks like 2h is about right for first A, and that even after a short nap he can handle 2h or so second A.  I'd be pushing for more like 2h15 or perhaps even as far as 2h30 after a good solid first nap x

Offline FPT23

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 20:01:55 pm »
What would be considered a long nap? In order to push him, in other words.  After a good nap I already do 2.15 and I've had to wake from those as he easily can go over 2hrs.

Yes 2hr was perfect for both the morning and even after short naps.

It's been amazing around here. Finally. Regression seems to be subsiding ;D
Fabi

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 11:27:22 am »
I consider a 1.5hr nap to be a good/normal nap.  Anything less (1.20hr) I would consider UT, and longer I would consider a really good nap or sometimes a "catch up" nap where my DD will pull a super long one to catch up from OT.

Offline FPT23

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 16:19:41 pm »
This was our EASY yst:

Fri 7/1

WU: 6:00

E 6:15
A
S 7:30-8
A
S 10:00 - 11:15

E 11:20
A
S 1:20 -2:45

E 3:00
A
E 4:45
S (struggled a bit. Pat) 5:20

E 6:30
A
S BT (PD 8:05) asleep on own 8:45

Yesterday was the first time he slept in his crib at BT without swaddle. So that's why he prolonged BT.

So how do I go about extending his A? Starting with his mornings or after his first nap? When I've extended I've normally extended 10 mins at a time but I want to make sure how to go about it better this time and now w/ his long naps.

:)
Fabi

Offline FPT23

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2016, 18:35:58 pm »
I have another little issue.

He's been I.S, all naps. Unswaddled and without the paci. He was doing so well we figured nights he would be ready too (20wks old now) ...so for the last two nights, we PD in his crib the same as naps. He's been struggling to go off on his own and wakes after 2/3 hrs... Then wakes up at 5am. We try to resettle at least until 6am and he won't, so I just bring him to bed after trying 1 hour usually.

Any suggestions for this? ...he self settles after his night feed and he's only needed 1. TBH, when he would NW we would just do the swing and insert paci. So maybe it's just a matter of adjusting? He has been swaddled for nights.

Could it be a matter of adjusting? He used to sleep at least 6-8hr stretches before now he wakes after 2/3 hrs of BT PD... I've been feeding, then he goes back down and wakes again at 5/5:30. He's normally not one to EW. Again, not sure if it's just a matter of learning new ways at night or he's needing longer As?

Suggestions? Also his naps are also not as easy and wonderful as they were haha! How can I go about pushing A times when he's OT from his bad nights and EWs?

Yst I got a 30 min nap (I resettled) after 1 hr nap and 2hr A time. But i feel he might be ready for a push too.

Jessmum u had suggested 2.15/2.5 pushes here soon.

What do y'all think? Also...if he does EW and doesn't resettle... For example 5am WU no resettle, would his first nap be around 7-7:15? Or how does that wrk? It's like a different animal- naps and night time/BT. He goes down independently for all naps... Can self settle after feeds at night... But is waking after 2/3 hrs then EW..

Thank you!!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:31:05 am by FPT23 »
Fabi

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2016, 18:44:35 pm »
With extending A I always started from the beginning of the day and pushed from there :)

Why was the first A so short that first day?  I thought you were aiming for about 2 hours?  Plus that made the day really long with 4 naps....I'd have made that last one a tiny catnap and gone for an earlier bedtime I think.  I found at this age having 4 naps really did mess us up, can't be helped sometimes but I would try to get those As pushed out and if you *have * to have a 4th nap make it tiny.  I think your night time issues are stemming from over tiredness from too long a day - bringing BT earlier will help with that.  And pushing the A despite OT or you end up in a nasty UT/OT spiral :(

On those EW days I would do a full A time first thing, and just see how the day pans out.  Often you get a long nap somewhere to compensate.  Keep an eye on overall day length and don't be scared of early bedtime if it all goes wrong x

Offline FPT23

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2016, 20:12:20 pm »
Thank you Jessmum :D  :-*

Would you only push that first one or all of them?

The first A was short b/c I brought him to bed w/ us and he fell asleep on me again at that 7:30 point ::)

7/3 July

WU: 5am (tried 1 hr with no resettle. Brought to bed. Slept 6:15-8:30)

E 8:30
A
S 10:45-12:30

E 12:45
A
S 2:45-4:30

E 4:30
A
S BT (PD 7:00 calm) asleep by 7:30..some fussing but very minor. Just adjusting to sleep. 

NWs: 11:45am (fed..he used to sleep until at least 2am and I would feed), 4:00am (wouldn't resettle until 5:40am)

This was yesterday. ^^^^ aaaand today after finally falling asleep at almost 6am WU at 8:10am.

Basically, he won't extend past 3-4 hrs at night.  I was thinking it was due to the new change  but it's been 3 days and the cycle continues. I went for it since he had been sleeping I.S and now all naps have extended due to him I.S. Last night was horrible. He normally sucks his thumb but he just won't at nights... But naps and at BT he goes down on his own. Would absolutely refuse any help and it took us almost 2hrs to get to sleep. Due to the EWs and sleeping in, he did just 2 naps. (Easy above)

Well, currently our naps are horrendous. He used to go down so easily (what a great week that was ;) ) ....but his long nights have him OT. He's still taking long naps. So what do you suggest? He's ready for a push I think. He's fighting his naps due to OT but needs the push, I'm pretty sure. He's OT after a good 1.5 nap, he's ready come 2hrs but I was about to start pushing. His morning A we had it down the first time with your 2hr A suggestion. After good naps I was aiming for 2.10. He's doing that on his own now with fighting the naps and extending them... He's OT for sure. Even having pushed the A time he's just harder to settle :( then More OT from him pushing out that A before naps.  When he's UT he just plays and rolls around, then fusses a tiny bit trying to get comfortable. No real tears, or upset. He's been nothing but upset at all naps and as soon as I PD begins to cry and refuses to settle.

I've tried to push regardless, with good naps to 2.10 A time but he pushes it farther with refusing the nap, and being soo OT. He's barely making it to 2hr A. I'm ok with pushing. Just wasn't sure how to go about it at THIS  point. After his naps he's great! Happy as ever. He hasn't short napped me (and refused resettling) just yet... Pretty good on the nap lengths. I was thinking the NWs were too much day time sleep and was ready for a push. But he's getting in the loop b/c his awful nights.

So regardless of EW.. Say, 5am (yesterday it was 4am), should I nap at 7??

But his waking every 2-4 hrs at night is so new to us. Super rare at that. I'm scared of an EBT because if he's waking at this rate... It will be a LONG night and want to be up for the day at 5am. Just off of his pattern.

What do you think, love? :) xo
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 20:26:35 pm by FPT23 »
Fabi

Offline FPT23

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 15:50:57 pm »
Update:

7/5

WU: 6:10

E 6:15
A (2.5 with good night)
S (PD 8:20) 8:40 struggled - 9:20 (no resettle. Happy)

E 10:40
A (2.15)
S (PD 11:25) 11:35-1:10

E 1:25
A (2.20 with long nap 1.5+)
S (PD 3:20) 3:30-4:40

E 4:45
A
S (PD 7 super fussy. Fought it) 8ish

Slept straight 8hrs in which I woke up because I felt uneasy with him not breastfeeding at all in the night. Woke him up at 4am to feed.

Extending has helped! A few questions though...

Nap times, majority of them, he can't go off to sleep as easy as before. Could it be the OT as he's adjusting to new A times? He really pushes them out super far and then his A time ends up being super longer than it should. For example... I PD in the mornings 5 mins before 2.15 A time (I've been extending) and he went down calm but after 5/10 mins he got frustrated I guess and wouldn't go off to sleep. He ended at 2.45 A time :( ...it's like that for every nap. Could it be UT or OT? I feel when he went down so calm he was going to get it but ended up getting upset. I've been having to pat a lot to help and I hope I'm not adding a prop. I try and stop soon as he's calm.

Also, bedtime is always a struggle... He pushes it out super far after struggling a bit then gets to the point of OT and is just harder to go to sleep. Takes 45/1hr sometimes to get off to sleep. I'm having a hard time reading whether it's OT or UT?
Fabi

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2016, 09:57:14 am »
Hi hun and sorry not to get back sooner.  How are you getting on? 

Would you only push that first one or all of them?
I tended to push the first one, and then if I got a good nap would try a bit extra for the next one too.

You are getting good naps at quite long A times and it is great you got a better night :D  Obviously you are there and can see how he's coping, but I wonder if you are still getting some resistance due to UT?  Then it is becoming OT? 

Other things to consider - any chance of discomfort?  Is he teething yet?  Gas/reflux/tummy issues causing it to be hard for him to settle or waking more often?

Offline FPT23

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2016, 15:00:06 pm »
It's ok no worries- thanks for getting back to me at the least :)

Well, I think it's OT... Before when I had the right A time. (When you first suggested it to me and it was heavenly haha!) if he was UT he wouldn't fuss at all. He would just roll or make noises. When he's OT he's more vocal and fussy about it.

I have been doing that- extending after a good nap. I've been trying for 2.15 in the mornings and 2.20/25 after good naps as well. Yes extending has worked even though he's a bit OT in his day from some pushing which is ok, I can handle it. He's not a total mess or anything actually... Just fusses here and there. He's not much of a cryer. Yes I've been medicating as well b/c one day after good nap and feed, he was still quite fussy... After some medicine he calmed down so I'm pretty sure there's some teething or something going on. It hasn't been frequent though. Here and there but I do medicate at night just in case.

Let me ask you, after "rough" nights and EWs, do you still continue the same new A time? Also, with the new A time, after short naps, 2.15 gave me 30 mins... Should I go back to 2hr A times for short naps as well? Can 45/50 mins mean OT too?

On another note, here's the last 2 days... Yesterday was awful. He's never had a day like yesterday.

7/6

WU: 6:55

E 7
A (2.45- after extending nap wind down)
S (PD 9:10. Calm but got fussy after a bit then upset) 9:45-11:10

E 11:15
A (2.20)
E 1:00 (little extra feed)
S (pd 1:20.. Tiny fuss. Slept quickly) 1:30-3:15

E 3:20
A (2.5)
S 5:45 (fussy OT. Had to go to bros swim)
-6:30

E 6:30
A
S (PD 8:20 but struggled and would not sleep. Upset crying OT) 9ish

NWs: 3:30 feed
---------------------

7/7

WU: 5:55 resettled

E 7:15
A
S (PD 9:30, would not sleep. Fussy) 10:15-10:45 no resettle

E 11
A
S 1:00-1:30 no resettle

E 2:00
A
E3:30
S 4:10 - 4:55

E 5:00
A
S 7:00

NW: 10:30pm -11:45pm would not resettle!! But slept until 6:40am today.

He had all short naps yesterday so I decided 7pm BT after only 2hr A from his last short nap... But it's the first night I hadn't extended and he woke 3hrs later, assuming UT. I noticed since I've increased A times, a longer A time to bed has helped. I don't know what was up with yesterday. Either way, since I've extended, NWs have disappeared and he's giving me long stretches again.. EWs here and there... Ideally I like 7am. Haha.

What do you make of my EASY? What A times should I shoot for? I also wonder if it's UT or OT though, since before he settled so lovely and fast haha ;)

Xo
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 15:47:31 pm by FPT23 »
Fabi