Author Topic: Re: 1yo bottle and solids schedule  (Read 1626 times)

Offline haleytreat

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 15, 2016, 23:35:38 pm »
we just turned 12 months! can't believe it! The routine was going well but now i feel i need to switch some things up but I am unsure where. I kinda feel like I feed her all the time! lol! I noticed today she didn't eat much at breakfast and lunch. I believe she is teething though so that could be part of it.  I switched to solids first awhile ago as I felt she ate much better.

Rough routine I started today (I am having a hard time figuring out when to give her snacks)

WU - 8 AM -
E - 815 - solids (didn't eat as much as normal)
E - 11 AM- 6 ounces milk
S - 1145 - 115
E 130 - solids (again didn't eat as much as normal)
E - 345 - yogurt and rice wafer
plan for rest of day:
S - 445 - 530ish
E - 6ish - solid food
E - 730ish - milk
S - 8PM

Maybe I should wait a few days to see if it was just an off day. How does this type of routine look?

Thank you!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Re: 1yo bottle and solids schedule
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 12:15:01 pm »
Hi there
Your routine looks fine :)

I also remember feeling liek I fed my DS all the time, I think it's just like that at this age.

The times look okay, that mid morning milk at 11am I would consider as a snack time, the milk can be viewed as a snack on it's own or could be offered along with a piece of fruit (here in nursery they offer free milk at that morning snack time so it is a very common time to have a milk drink) so you could just continue as you are.

At this age I dropped the BT milk, for a number of reasons (teeth being the main one but later discovered it is helpful in other ways such as avoiding over full nappies in the night), and I gave a solids supper with a small sippy cup of milk before starting the BT routine instead.

Teething can certainly put them off the regular meals, maybe try offering something hard to gum on, mine liked a hard bread stick when he was teething, seemed to give him some relief.

Appetites also tend to drop at around 1yo which can be quite a surprise (it was to me), it's also normal.  It will pick up again through growth spurts when they eat the fridge clean and then the appetite drops down again, or when they start walking/running more and using more energy.

hope this helps :)

Offline haleytreat

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 14:20:01 pm »
Thank you so much! She is definitely teething so I think that is playing a part in this!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Re: 1yo bottle and solids schedule
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 17:42:51 pm »
No problem. Do post again if you feel things don't pick up or you are concerned :)

Offline haleytreat

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 17:47:32 pm »
Will do!!