Author Topic: 7 months old constantly wakes up I am exhausted  (Read 917 times)

Offline florida2001

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 months old constantly wakes up I am exhausted
« on: June 20, 2016, 04:14:00 am »
Hi, My baby is 7 months old and we started solid food.She is 17,5 pounds \she has good appetite and seems she likes everything so far. Here is the sample of daily eating schedule. I think she is eating more then enough so why is she waking up at 11 PM, then 3 Am, then 5 AM after5 am she is usualy awake or sometimes  fall asleep for another hour. During her nights and early mornings wake ups she starts cry and scream, so I pick her up and offer her breast, she get some milk and fall asleep back again. I would leave her cry out, but I live now in my parents house and they still work. I feel bad to wake them up also, because they need  good night sleep.Please advice I am really tired and exhausted. I do not know what else to do.
The other thing is, even during the day she never take long naps. She can nap for about 20-30 min the longest maybe three times during the day.
7,30 am breastmilk - im still breastfeeding
8,00 1,5 oz puree vegetable
9,00am breastmilk
after that nap
12,00 breastmilk
2,30pm 1,5 oz jar of puree food
5.00pm breastmilk
6.00 4 oz baby cereal with littel banana
7.30 breastmilk
8.00 sleep

Offline Jodes112

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
Re: 7 months old constantly wakes up I am exhausted
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 13:16:25 pm »
Hello!

Sounds tough, hopefully we can help in some way. Im sorry you have gotten to the point where you are thinking of letting her cry, but dont worry there are others ways you can try and combat this without having to do that

It certainly looks like she is eating enough. The problem could be coming from the poor naps in the day, causing night wakings and then in order for her to go back to sleep she is asking for milk (as a comfort)

How does she normally settle for naps? Does she go to sleep on her own or is she fed to sleep?

Can you try and put down what time her naps generally are, when you attempt to put her for nap/when she falls asleep, how long the nap is ect.

xx
Jody
 xx

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: 7 months old constantly wakes up I am exhausted
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 13:52:42 pm »
My baby is the same age, and we are on 1-2 feeds a night. I think it's normal and not at all unreasonable for them to need night feeds at this age.

Looking at what she is eating, it sounds like you are offering puréed food. If so, there will be less calories in her solids than her milk. Up to the age of 1, milk is the most important source of nutrition for a baby, particularly when their solid diet has a high water content.

I'd suggest you look at her sleep habits and see what you can do to encourage self settling. This might help her to wake less often.

As for food, are you planning to move her away from purées? It might be worth thinking about. We are doing baby led weaning and my boy is eating loads, but he is also very active and using lots of calories up!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015