Author Topic: Awake for full hour...  (Read 1330 times)

Offline 1sttimer86

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:18:11 am »
Hi
My lg is 8 months old. Has never been a good sleeper. Frequent nw for either a dummy or a cuddle. This past month or so she has started to wake between 3 and 4 and takes a full hour to go back over. If i leave her in her cot she will moan and cry and when i take her out into my arms she just stares up at me awake.
She hasn't taken a bottle at night for many months.
I always thought these nw was nap related but she had 2 great naps today 1.5hr and 2.5 hr and she still wakes a lot and we are up again now for the hour.
Even if she has only had total daytime sleep of 1.5 hr, this still happens. She has been up 4 times since she went down. This is the 5th.
I have no idea now what to do. I am back to work soon and these nw have me so tired.
Greatful for any advice.

Offline 1sttimer86

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:48:45 am »
This is yesterday
WU 6.00
E 6.45 bottle
E 7.30 blw
S 9.00 - 10.30
E 11.00 bottle
E 12.00 blw
S 1.30-4.00 ( this nap is usually 1 hour)
E 4.10 bottle
E 5.15 blw
S 7.15 (normally 7)
I have tried earlier bedtime but she was having none of it.

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: Awake for full hour...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 15:27:49 pm »
Hi there and many hugs! NWs can be very tough! I can offer a few things and you can give them a go! See if it helps any! :)

One thing to consider is teething. I always remind moms of that as we seem to forget, until they pop out ;) ...maybe try medicating.

There is also a sleep regression around 8-9 month mark (more or less)... So the NWs can also be developmental. I also would like to mention that there is also a growth spurt during this time. I know you say she hasn't had a bottle over night in months, but have you tried offering it at one of the NWs? See if she takes it? ...maybe try adding an oz or so to her daily feeds, if you find she is going through a GS :)

As far as her schedule, it looks pretty good! Most babies her age are averaging between 3-4 hr of awake time and some are getting more. I would attempt to try pushing closer to 3.5 here soon. As you mentioned, she wasn't trying to have an early bedtime. Could be a sign of under tiredness especially after that 2.5 hr nap! Try to start increasing her A times by 15 mins for a few weeks. Might help as well :) ...if she's NW'ing and taking so long to settle, maybe she's under tired. What's her mood like during this NW? ...I would consider some A time increasing.

Hope this helps and many hugs! Those are some tricky months! Catch extra rest when possible :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 15:29:38 pm by FPT23 »
Fabi