Author Topic: Advice on how to establish 6w/o naps in cot.  (Read 5421 times)

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Mum to 2 girls. DD1 Sept 2012, DD2 May 2016
Re: Advice on how to establish 6w/o naps in cot.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 04:07:16 am »
Thank you.
Ayda is 8.5 weeks now, tried for a pram sleep yesterday, but again out of a 1.5 hr walk only got 20 mins so used the sling the rest of the day.
Am starting to accept that for the moment I cannot sit down or get a lot done. DD1  either quite patient that I can't sit with her to play but that's quite sad really.

X
Claire

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 11:34:16 am »
I'm sorry it's so hard right now.  Is there anyone else around who could wear your DD2 for a nap or 2 to give you a break/some time with DD1.

This too shall pass but it is hard when going through it
Xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 20:20:20 pm »
Hi
I know it is all a phase just feels tough for me. I know some people embrace baby wearing all the time however whilst I love the sling as an option I would love some naps not on me.

We are now on ranitidine which I do think has had an impact on the reflux so now my biggest issue seems to be how windy Shi is and how she retains her wind. 

Anyway they grow out of it don't they (fingers crossed) 😉
Claire

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 10:57:20 am »
Does she respond at all to rocking? Not that I want to encourage a prop but with my DS he was rocked for a long while, and eventually I could rock him and continue patting in the crib and he would go to sleep that way.  It did take a long time for him to learn to get past the 45mins but that might be better that nothing independent/off of you ya know? I completely get you, I couldn't baby wear all the time, you need that time for a little space for yourself and also to get things accomplished.

Offline Clairehv

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 20:33:12 pm »
Hi
ok so A 9 weeks yesterday, and today was forecast to be 30 degrees. We both would have overheated if I had used the sling so I was worried about what to do.
Anyway by accident she has ended up sleeping on her tummy.
After her 7 am feed after keeping upright and winding I put her on a pillow on our bed for some tummy time. Literally in the time it took for me to brush my teeth she was asleep with zero fuss.
So I transferred her to the pram to take E to preschool.  She slept 2 hours, through stopping and shopping.
Then did the same again after her next two feeds.
So I was with her all the time, she also had her jabs yesterday and it was so hot so would she have slept anyway but what a relief not to wear the sling.

I know tummy sleep is not recommended and I have settled her o. Her back to sleep tonight but she just looked so happy.
We had a good bath and unlike the previous 4 nights we have not had an OT meltdown refusing of bottle and pass out without drinking anything.
Not sure what to do really.
May get a special pad monitor.

Xx
Claire