Author Topic: Do you start 4 hours EASY BY 4 months or AT 4 months?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline sara_haf

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Do you start 4 hours EASY BY 4 months or AT 4 months?
« on: July 07, 2016, 12:58:36 pm »
Hi, hopefully someone can answer my Q pretty quickly. In Tracy's second book she recommends a gradual process of transitioning onto 4 hour EASY. As this takes several days I wondered whether this is something you start AT 4 months or so that by the time you're on the last day LO IS 4 months (if that makes sense!). My LO is 13 weeks and is doing well on 1.5 A time despite broken naps. When she wakes early in the morning (say at 6.30) and I feed her at 7 I find that because she's going down for a nap by 8 but the next feed isn't due until 10 that this actually helps her broken naps because she tends to wake after 30 mins, fuss for 30 mins and goes back to sleep (on and off) and because there's quite a while until the next feed the extended S time helps her get some
More shut eye. so I'm thinking that if she has a longer opportunity to nap she'll be able to stretch her A time. I've already posted a loooong thread about the naps and there's not much more that I can do to help her sleep longer than what we're currently doing but I'm thinking that the 4 hour EASY may help. I don't think she's ready yet as she's been sleeping through between 5-6.30am for the last week or so and doesn't seem disinterested in milk (although I can't say she's ever desperate for it). The 45 min nap won't apply to us because she's never taken one longer than 30!

Any answers/thoughts would be appreciated.

Xx

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: Do you start 4 hours EASY BY 4 months or AT 4 months?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 13:38:03 pm »
I'd go by your baby's cues rather than her age. Neither of mine were ready for 2hr A time until about 4.5mo (DD) or 5mo (DS) and neither could do 4 hrs between feeds until they were much closer 6mo (both EBF). I tried pushing DD's time between feeds before then following the transition plan and just got a sad, hungry baby.

If you don't think she's ready for an increase in A time or time between feeds, I wouldn't force it. Wait until you feel she is ready either because she's not resettling for naps and/or because she's either hungrier later or not hungry at her usual time.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 14:12:02 pm by Scottishmummy »
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD