Author Topic: 6 week old bt  (Read 845 times)

Offline Kfro

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
6 week old bt
« on: July 08, 2016, 19:09:04 pm »
Hi all,

My ds2 is now six weeks. His easy has to be fairly set due to fitting around his big brother. He has feeds at 3 hour intervals (other than one which is 2.5 hours). I have been giving him an a time of 1 hour 15 as he was fighting it if I put him down any earlier. He has two naps in his Moses basket each day and two in the sling so that I can get out with ds1. He is struggling with transitioning at the moment so I am going to start helping him a little bit more with that but my biggest problem at the moment is bedtime. He goes down in his Moses basket quite happily but then is awake for over an hour. He is happy during this time and so I have been leaving him and he eventually has been drifting off to sleep. I tried helping him tonight by patting him but because he isn't upset it didn't help. Could this be because he is having four long naps a day and not three naps and a cat nap? I haven't been doing a cat nap because he goes down for his last nap between 330 and 4 and so wouldn't make it to bedtime with just a cat nap (as I assume he would need a really short a time?). But maybe he would do a normal a time after a cat nap and then would be tired enough for bedtime? Is this a developmental thing? I remember naps being horrendous with ds1 but not bedtime.

Offline needasleepingangel

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: 6 week old bt
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 19:41:01 pm »
My DD is 6 wo too. I am sorry that I may not be able to help you much as DD's naps and night time are much worse than your DS's. But I do notice during her 6th week (she is  6weeks+5days today), sleep gets worse. I too hope this is just a developmental thing. Maybe things will be better after the 6th week. But their sleep changes a lot from time to time.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6 week old bt
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 19:54:10 pm »
He goes down in his Moses basket quite happily but then is awake for over an hour. He is happy during this time and so I have been leaving him and he eventually has been drifting off to sleep.
Is this actually a problem? I get that you'd rather he was asleep but if he's happy and goes to sleep on his own...

He might just be a bit UT. What's his EASY?