Author Topic: 9.5 month old ... routine help  (Read 792 times)

Offline Bubsterboo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:44:04 am »
Hello...my 9.5 month this last week and a bit has started fighting her afternoon nap even point blank refused it one day which resulted in her being awake 7 hours and she has also started waking between 5.45 and 6 whereas she was waking at 6.30-6.45.

I have started waking her 15 mins earlier from her morning nap (she was having a 2hr nap from 10 til 12) and this has stopped her resisting the afternoon nap which is good but just wondering if her routine needs a tweak to help her sleep in longer in the mornings?

She always wakes happy and just chats in her cot, then sucks her thumb for a bit and dozes off for a minute or two then chats and repeats so we leave her until 7am or if she starts crying/fussing which is very rare we will go into her earlier.

Current nap/sleep routine:

Wake: 6am
Out of cot: 7am
Nap: 10am
Wake: 11.45
Nap: 3pm
Wake: I wake her 1 hr after she falls asleep so between 4 and 4.15 she is always asleep still at this point and never that happy to be woken
Bedtime: 7.15pm

Would really appreciate any suggestions on any possible tweaks. Cheers.

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 9.5 month old ... routine help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 18:53:06 pm »
I think her routine looks really good for now, actually (assuming she is STTN?).  Perhaps if the early starts don't suit, you could consider moving her entire day as you would for DST 15/30 mins later?  So later BT and later naps?