Author Topic: Thumbsucker 5 mo wakes up when transitioning nap and night sleep help  (Read 1222 times)

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi everyone! My daughter recently found her thumb and doesn't cry for the paci at 45 min cuz she self soothe with it. Here's what happen : fall asleep greatly after 2.5 hour of awake time, wakes up at 40-45 min, suck her thumb until sleepy, then around 1 hour when she jolts instead of re entering in deep sleep she wakes up happy and cooing. Any tips on how to prevent that? Or should I just let it go and focus on one hour is good? if so we have to fit in a CN.

1ST scenario : she sleeps around 4 and BT at 7. She is UT and wakes up at first sleep cycle after BT but doesn't have any EW until 6:30
2nd scenario : she fights the CN like it's her job and we do early BT at 6:30 (any earlier than that is not working believe me, we tried). Doesn't wake up at first sleep cycle but we get EWs around 4 and/or 5 and is up for the day between 6/6:30.

I'm looking for your comments please!

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
6:30 WU and feed
8:30 to 9:15 nap
11:00 feed
11:45/12:00 to 13:00 nap
15:00 feed
15:45/16:00 to 16:15/16:30 CN if she wants to (yes I even tried the car and stroller and swing and magical fairy unicorn sleep powder)
17:00 solids and cereals
18:45 feed
19:00 BT and STTN
4:00/5:00/5:30 (and/or) EW(s)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
No and a when we did, she refused the snooze feed almost every single time so we ended up putting the paci. Lately she's been sucking her thumb but we keep the paci in those case of early waking

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Oh yes! She definelty gets a good night sleep when we have the CN! last two days we managed to have to her to sleep but i think she was exhausted seeing her big brother running around, giving her cuddles, bouncing and screaming of happiness Lol
Anyways so we got 2 wake ups at 19:45 but no EWs.

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
Can you push the first and/or second A time any longer to see if she will be tired enough to go back to sleep for longer. Those naps sound a bit UT and CN refusal sounds like 3-2 is in full swing.

Longer first and/or second A times + longer nap (at least one longer one would be good, 2 ideal) would get you on to a 2 nap schedule & hopefully help with the BT & EW issues
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline ameliebob

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Good! Hubby is starting vacations this weekend so it will help keep her entertained longer wake times!! Starting this project tommorrow! :)

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
Good luck !

You've probably read this already, but just in case: All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD