Author Topic: Something went very wrong very quickly  (Read 888 times)

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Something went very wrong very quickly
« on: July 23, 2016, 06:42:11 am »
Hi ladies. ☹️
My DD turned 7mo yesterday. A few weeks ago I started her on fruit and cereal. All seemed well (sleep actually got better at night). I started out feeding her once a day and now we do it twice or sometimes three times a day.  And then a couple of nights ago things went downhill fast. She wants to BF to sleep, FREQUENT night wakings - like once an hour or more all night. It took me a LONG time to get her to sleep tonight and I ended up BFing her and she was out by 9pm. Then she woke up around 11pm, midnight, 1, 1:45, 2:15, and 3:45. It's 4am here now so I'm still not done for the night.

I think I BF'd her twice out of those times and walked her back and forth twice. I just BF'd her again. Giving her the pacifier isn't helping. When I eventually put her back down she flips her head from side to side and tries to roll onto her side. We have not transitioned to 2 naps yet (didn't realize until tonight that I should have).

I need help. I'm really tired. I also have a 5yo DD and a 2.5yo DS who is a crazy lunatic.

Routine is usually *something* like this:
7:30 - wake & BF
9 - nap (she always falls asleep in the car when I drop off DD to camp)
10 - fruit & cereal
12 - nap (falls asleep in car for DD camp pick up)
1:30 - BF (sometimes feed solids during A time here)
3:30 - nap
5:30 - BF (sometimes solids)
7:30 - BF & bed

So I don't know if things are going wrong because my naps are screwed up or if the baby food if upsetting her tummy or something else. Your thoughts? Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:59:11 am by kjr928 »

Offline kjr928

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Something went very wrong very quickly
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 15:21:31 pm »
This morning she woke up at 7:30, I BFd her and by 9am she was such a mess that I had to put her down for a nap. Then she only slept for about an hour.

Offline FPT23

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
Re: Something went very wrong very quickly
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 20:40:53 pm »
Hi! Many hugs! Sounds difficult! Hang in there- sending all the positive vibes :)

That many night wakes I would def tie to discomfort. Maybe lessen the amount of solids you are giving her? I would also not rule out teeth as they start coming around this time. Try medicating before BT.

However, I think your routine can also use some tweaking that can hopefully help improve some of the NWs over the course of a few days/weeks.

First I would def consider increasing her A times. Here is a link for average A times and for her age your looking at 3-4 hrs between naps. Also, by now many are down to just 2 naps a day. As you steadily increase her A times, she will drop to 2 naps and over some time as she adjusts, her naps will lengthen as well-- pushing out that last nap.

Average A times- BOOKMARK ME!

I'm assume if she's falling asleep in the car it's for short bits at a time? ...she's prb OT in her day which also ties to NWs but short A times in the day can also cause UT NWs too... Which in return give you OT days. It's weird haha but she might be in a OT/UT loop and working on her schedule can help sort out her nights some too. Won't happen over night either- consider gradually pushing her A times, when possible, by 10/15 mins at a time for a few days. Hopefully you all adjust smoothly.

Here is a link worth looking over on sample routines for her age. It can help give you an idea on what to expect more or less for her age. Every baby is different but this is a good guide if you need some help on routines :) they help me out sometimes! :D .....

chronological EASY samples, 7-9 months

I know things can be complicated with other babies in the mix, and sometimes you can't do much but accept the OT for the older children's activities and such. Weathering the storm so to speak and know that eventually she will stay awake longer and it will fall into a better place. I have an older one and sometimes routine goes out the window.

Many hugs xo!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 20:42:56 pm by FPT23 »
Fabi