Author Topic: 6mo old up at 5am EVERYDAY!  (Read 784 times)

Offline LuluBaby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 23, 2016, 13:21:45 pm »
Hi ladies,
My LO has been waking up between 5am and 545am for the last couple months (Eversince she's started sleeping through the night really). Other than the fact it's waking us up early, it's preventing us from moving her into her older sister's room (4yo) because we don't want her waking her up at 5am. She wakes up happy, conversations screaming and then it turns into whining. It doesn't help that also over the last week she now rolls onto her belly to sleep and fusses about it even though during tummy time she rolls back on her back if she needs too, it seems like she can't in her bed (that's a whole other problem). I've tried later bedtime but it doesn't seem to matter. Whether she goes to bed an hour or + later she will still wake up at the same time.

Here's her routine:
Wake up anytime between 5-5:45 but I usually don't get her out of bed until after 6.
E- 6:30
A-
S- 8-10
E- 10
A-
S- 12:30-2:30ish or 1-3ish
E- 4
A-
S- cat nap at 4:30 or 5 (there are days where she doesn't)
E- 6ish solids
A- bath 6:30ish
E- last feeding 7ish
S- usually is asleep by 7:30

Thank you!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6mo old up at 5am EVERYDAY!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 20:06:00 pm »
I think some of this is probably the 3-2 nap transition :)  There's often a wonky EW period at this age and working towards dropping the catnap, and pushing that first nap later in the day will probably help.  This link is quite good - All about the 3-2 transition- 5/6 months

If she is able to go to bed earlier and still sleeps until 5-5.45am (I think that's what your post says??) then I would do that in the short term - it will mean she starts the day better rested and therefore give you a better chance of pushing that first nap later in the day to be able to ditch the catnap x

Offline LuluBaby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 00:46:07 am »
Thank you! I'll try that!

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: 6mo old up at 5am EVERYDAY!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:09:49 am »
Good luck, let us know how you get on x