Author Topic: NF question: after waking up or when fussy  (Read 807 times)

Offline needasleepingangel

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
NF question: after waking up or when fussy
« on: July 25, 2016, 21:20:41 pm »
9 week-old DD is getting long stretch (4-5 hours) at night. I am very happy about that. But I am not sure what is the correct cue, continuous grunting for a few min or waking up?

For example last night, DF at 10:30pm, then she started to make noise at 2:30am. I waited and she continued to make noise on and off. Around 3am, she was grunting for a few minutes continuously, so I thought I should get her up for a feed. But when I picked her up, it seemed she was awakened and started to cry. But as soon as I fed her, she stopped crying and ate about 15min, which is good since her day time feed is 8-20min. I never waited until the point she really wakes up. Should I wait until then? I was afraid that if she wakes up, it will be difficult to put her to sleep again as she is not sleeping independently.   ???

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: NF question: after waking up or when fussy
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 08:41:41 am »
If mine were just shuffling around but asleep then I'd leave them to it, though if it went on for ages I'd probably do as you did and get them up just so we could both settle back to sleep!  There's an argument for saying wait until they wake properly (most people find settling them back down at night is often reasonably easy after a feed) but if you're not sure at this age I'd just get on with it x