Author Topic: Baby not finishing feed?  (Read 4901 times)

Offline steph87holden

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 28, 2016, 10:24:45 am »
Hey all. My little girl is 10 weeks old and having 4oz of formula, she very rarely drinks the 4oz in one go she will often drink 3oz then an hour or sometimes longer later want the other 1oz? It means sometimes she will wait 3 hours between feeds but sometimes not as I'm guessing she didn't get full up enough when started the feed!  I wondered if anyone else had experienced this and has anyone had tips on getting them to finish it in one go. She's growing absolutely finebut wondered if anything can do about this would just make life easier out and about really and thinking it will help her go longer between feeds as she gets older,   or is it just something she will grow out of. Thanks x

Offline lolsyb1982

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
Re: Baby not finishing feed?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 18:18:26 pm »
Hi both my girls were like this but I just went with it at that age. Not sure what size tests you're using but you could try the next size up to see if she takes a bit more? Sometimes they get a bit bored and tired of sucking if the holes too small.
Lauren

Offline steph87holden

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:57:25 am »
Ok thank you. We'll have been on 1 and tried size 2 but didn't seem to make much difference so guessing her stomach is too small to take 4oz at once still x