Author Topic: 7 months old 30 mins nap  (Read 1124 times)

Offline L mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 29, 2016, 20:36:15 pm »
Hello moms!

My lo is 7 months old and for the past couple of weeks wakes up after 30 mins, no matter what I do he is up at the 30 mins mark... He was sleeping well at night but in the past 5 days cries in his sleep several times at night, I put the paci and he resettles for a couple of hours...

Not sure where to start.

Here is our ideal routine

6:30-7 wake and feed
8:30 breakfast
9:30-10 nap for 30 mins to 1 hr with holding in between to resettle
11 feed
12:30-1 lunch
1:30-2 nap  30 mins to 1.5 hr with resettling every 30 mins
4 feed
6dinner
7-7:30 bed routine and feed

Is it the paci? Wrong A times? Please help

Thanks

Offline Scottishmummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 47
Re: 7 months old 30 mins nap
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 19:20:53 pm »
Hi!

It could be the paci or A times!

The needing to resettle every couple of hours at night sounds like dependency on the paci. That could be contributing to the early wake up from naps too. Does he self settle with the paci? 
If you put a paci next to him in the cot rather than in his mouth could he find it himself? Or could you replace it with something he could find himself?
 My DD has a comfort blanket and started waking every 2hrs at night for me to replace it. Putting it beside her for her to find herself at bed and nap times made a big difference.

On other hand, he might also be ready for an A time push. You could try increasing A times a little bit and see if that helps too.

The fact that he will resettle with help makes me think he is still tired so I'd try for more independent settling to sleep first but if that doesn't work it might only be a small A time increase that's needed.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline L mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 14:50:50 pm »
Thanks for responding ! :)

He is getting the paci if I leave it in the cot but he just starts playing... At night he doesn't even open his eyes so even if it's next to him he wouldn't grab it.

Today I started getting rid of the paci to see how it goes in the next days, if that doesn't help I will definately push his A time a bit.

Will let you know how it goes.