Author Topic: 2 hr long night waking - almost 2 years old  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
  • Gail
Re: 2 hr long night waking - almost 2 years old
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 18:44:16 pm »
Well tried 7. Put her down and she started crying but I had to leave her to get dd1 to bed. She only took 5 mins then I went back in, she was jumping, screaming,  crying, pointing at the door to go out, asking for 5 more mins but I just sat on the floor and sang and let her cry ( don't know what else to do ). Then she fell asleep at 7:40 so not great but not awful maybe x

My beautiful spirited little angel

My angel baby girl

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 06:24:20 am »
Yes, she slept all through the night and woke at 7:40  ;D

Just put her down for her nap at 12:10 (resisted a bit). Been out at softplay this morning though as it's dd1's birthday tomorrow. She slept until 14:40

Tried to have her asleep for 18:40 it seemed to be going ok with the sitting on the floor and humming but as soon as I stop humming or open the door, she's off again. Just snuck our now and she's crying a bit but not much so I'm not going back in yet. Oops screaming now. Managed to get out at 19:30

Sorry a million questions but on nursery days where she only does between 45 mins to 1hr naps do you keep BT at 7?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 18:30:30 pm by Eva's Mummy »

My angel baby girl

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 07:11:45 am »
I knew bedtime took too long. We had a screaming nw at 1:30 I did the usual and just sat and sang till she went back to sleep that took 30 mins. Then up again at 4 tried the same but started crying every time I left again.  Ended up lying in the floor doing the odd sshh when she started to cry. Eventually she was very still do I slipped out just in time to hear dd2 wake up and shout on me.  ::) now I could have cried. Dd2 is still asleep now at 9:00

Shold I gave tried bt even earlier than 18:40 last night?

We are out all day today so I don't know what nap will be like. It's a 1hr car journey each way so hopefully she'll sleep thenand I guess just do bt as early as possible

Well she woke at 9:30 then asked to go for a nap in her buggy at 13:10 so assuming she has 2 hours would you do 7pm for bt?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 13:40:52 pm by Eva's Mummy »

My angel baby girl

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2016, 13:46:27 pm »
If you're trying for set naps, I'd keep BT at 7pm on home days when she has a good nap at least. Could she need to go into bed closer to 7? I aim for 7-7.30 for my DS and put him in bed quite close to 7.

On nursery days, I would try an earlier BT to compensate for the short nap. Probably between 6-6.30 depending on how tired she seems.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 19:20:42 pm »
I think it's a matter of trying it and seeing what happens. Personally I would keep in a 30 minute window so I'd do 6.30 on nursery days if nap of an hour or so. If you change it any more it isn't 'set' and you're back to guessing yk?

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 19:25:20 pm »
Ok thank you ladies.  So on home days well do:.

WU whenever she wakes
Nap 12/12:30 uncapped
BT 7

Nursery days

Wu whenever she wakes
Nap  ???
BT 6:30 if nap is an hour or over or 6:00 if under an hour

Sound about right?

My angel baby girl

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 20:34:13 pm »
Home days - that looks like a good  plan

Nursery- I'm hesitating as I'm not sure...as Katherine says, if you are going with set naps & BT general advice would be stick with no earlier than 6.30...but the nursery nap doesn't seem to be in line with the "set" home nap time and you seemed to be getting OT building up previously with 6.30 BT

I think the nursery days will be trial and error a bit...so maybe try 6.30 if the nap is short & aiming for catch up on home days with that uncapped nap..but you could move BT on nursery days earlier if you think she's getting too OT with that.

I do set BT with my DS and try to keep within 15-30 mins of set time, but have put him to bed up to an hour early if he is really, really past himself tired for any reason.
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 20:21:04 pm »
Just when you think your getting caught up, she goes to nursery naps for 25 mins then I can't get her to sleep until 7:10 cos she's wired  ???

My angel baby girl

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 20:53:08 pm »
Oh no, hope she does an ok night

I'm thinking back to when DS was 2. He rarely slept more than an hour at nursery, even though he would do 2-2.5hrs at home. I think we just stuck with 7pm BT regardless and even though he's sensitive to tiredness, he seemed to cope...so maybe she's got used a 7pm BT?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2016, 05:40:37 am »
Bad night again.  We've never done set bt before and she's generally always been in bed around 6:30 .

Nursery again today.  I'm praying for a nap, it's soul destroying being stuck on a floor 3 times a night when all I want to do is go to bed myself x

My angel baby girl

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 05:56:28 am »
Fingers crossed. If not, maybe try earlier BT? 6?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 08:04:55 am »
Well nap was 50 mins 13:10 - 14:00 I could see she was still shattered sp since I was home a bit earlier I thought why not try sebt to see what happens. So I tried 17:20 I thought I'd cracked it. This was the first time I was able to put her down and leave the room without het crying and I could hear het trting to self settle. Unfortunately after 20 mins she was getting really worked up so I went in and lay on the floor again. She went quiet straight away but kept checking I was there I snuck out at 6 and she sttn until 7am.

Think maybe nursery days need yo be sebt until she can cope a bit better.  It will be such a push since I just got away early yesterday.  Need to have dinner ready to go i think

My angel baby girl

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 18:55:16 pm »
Wow, great that she slept through.  Sounds like she really needs that catch up sleep.  Does she get her tea at nursery? Just wondering if you could do a really short BT routine almost as soon as you get in and get her down?
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline Eva's Mummy

• Gail
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 19:21:16 pm »
No they get a 2 course lunch at 11:45 -then snack at 3 but that's just a sandwich or half a toasted muffin and a couple slice apple so I think she would still be hungry.

Today nap 12 - 13:50
BT 18:50 so curious to see what that brings.

She has certainly cottoned on to me lying down and patting her bum cos as soon as we go in her room she point to the floor and says mummy and pats her own bum. If I don't donit she grabs my hand and puts it on her bum ::)

I need to get out of the room without lying down I actually am trapped in the same lying on the floor situation with dd1 aswell. Its torture.

My angel baby girl

Offline Scottishmummy

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2016, 19:04:37 pm »
How have the last couple of days and nights been?
I hope EBT is still helping with catch up sleep and a better night.

I haven't much personal experience with sleep training a toddler but the 2 methods suggested here are Walk in Walk out (WI/WO) or gradual withdrawal Toddlers: Walk In/Walk Out vs. The Gradual Withdrawal Method (HOW TO CHOOSE)

But maybe easier to do one DD at a time!

Have a read of that link and maybe start a ST thread if you want to give it a go & support while you do it.

Xxx
"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD