Author Topic: short naps  (Read 919 times)

Offline MrMansMama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 07, 2016, 16:33:48 pm »
My baby usually has a bath eats and go to bed anywhere between 8-9pm then can sleep anywhere btwn 4-6 hrs.
he will wake up eat and go back to sleep for about another 3 hours, and will do this again 1-2more times.

he usually wakes bten 7:30-8:30 am.
im having alot of trouble with naps! he just wont most times! and its super hard because he will keep him self up for hours and be sooo cranky. how do i get him to nap. i try to nurse him and sometimes he will sleep for 10 min. sometimes 45 min.

just trying to get him into a schedule. and i dont know where or how to start. hes 3 months old.. any help  ;D

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: short naps
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 18:34:55 pm »
Welcome to the boards, hope you find lots of help and support here!  Lovely nights you have there :D 

Can you post your LOs typical day for us?  An idea of how long he is awake at any one time, when and how you try for naps etc?  It may just be he needs a bit of an adjustment in his planned routine, often shorter awake times, and it will be much easier.

Have a look at this for some ideas of how to get started: Starting EASY - all you need to know and more!

Offline MrMansMama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 23:11:07 pm »
Thank you! Hope so too!!

Once he wake up in the morning anywhere Btwn 7:30-8:30 I go change his diaper,get dressed eat and play a bit. Either swing or on his mat. M depending on his mood he can play for a while (30 min) usually more around 15 min by himself. 

Around 10 he will eat again and then take a nap. Usually falls asleep while eating and then I'll put him for nap and he sometimes will sleep for 1.5 hr or recently 10-30 min 😏

He really doesn't take naps during the day and he gets sooo cranky and I blame myself also for not having too much of a routine during our day.

Need help and advice on how to get it started and down pat.
He is 3 months so not sure if this is starting to early/late.. Just need some suggestions as I am not getting anything done during the day

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: short naps
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 08:58:05 am »
3 months is perfect :D a good place to start is just to observe for a couple of days - make notes about when LO eats, sleeps, mood, tired signs (be aware yawning is a late sign - often there is a bit of a 'hyperactive' period with jerky movements first in which LO seems to be having loads of fun, but really needs to be settled for a nap). And then come and let us know what you've found. Some other good things to be aware of are typical awake times - Average A times- BOOKMARK ME! - around 1h20-30 at 3 months so I suspect you may be keeping also awake a touch too long. And introducing a short, predictable wind down routine for naps so LO knows to expect sleep. There are some tips on that in the link I posted previously :) hope that's a helpful beginning x