Author Topic: Night wakenings early wakenings almost 3  (Read 924 times)

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 08, 2016, 05:53:57 am »
Hello

My daughter is 2 and 9 months old. She doesnt nap almost 6 months. She is also Potty trained.

5 months ago she begon again wakening up. 3 or 4 time a week. Some time 2 or 3 time in the night.

She Wakes around midnight and at 4 or 5.
She began sleeping through the night when she was 1.5 she slept good for 8 or 9 months and know she starts again.
She sleep good when we lay her at 19.30 in bed. We have wind down.
When she Wakes we go to her give her paciefer en go back. She sleep most of the time back again. But if she Wakes between 4 and 5 then then she doesnt accept if we leave.   She then Will stay crying and this is so loud we then pick her up and put her in out bed. We tried Let her cry but she Will cry ver long and this does not work at al. She vetslavend upset and Wakes herself more up and then Will not sleep.

So we don t know what to do. She doesnt nap and she looks tired a lot of time. We also have a clock with Light.  But she doesnt listen and Will stay crying. I think because in the early morning she has slept a few a hours and she is then less tired then if she Wakes at night.

What can we do? Is this going to stop or Will some childeren sleep this bad.
We also dont sleep if we put her in out bed so That is no solutions.  Hope some body can give some advice we are desperate.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Night wakenings early wakenings almost 3
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 17:48:05 pm »
Hi there, so is she awake for the day from 4/5am?
Zoe

Offline Scottishmummy

• Showing Appreciation 47
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 20:29:43 pm »
Could you try an earlier bedtime?

If she's waking that early & not napping she might need an early bedtime (e.g.  6/6.30) to catch up on some sleep.

"Touchy/Spirited" DS

"Textbook" DD

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 14:44:24 pm »
She wakes up at 4 we go in. Then she goes back to sleep. Then she crys again at 4.30. We go back en she is quiet.  At 5 she begins again so we put her in out bed. Because otherwise   nobody Will sleep. She then wel sleep till 6.30. Its difficult to say how much she sleeps From the time she Wakes at night. So she is not a wake From 4 but she doesnt sleep much either. Some times she sleeps all night. So it s not every day but 4 or 5 Times in the week. Some time only 1 time at night SOME TIMEs 3.

We are verry  tired and afraid this will never stop. I did put her before by 7 in bed and the she Will wake up to early. Like 5.45.

We went on holiday were they eat much later and had to change bedtime. So Thats why we still put her at 7.30 and if she sleep through good she Will wake at 6.30 wich is good time. Which we prefer  instead of 5.45 /6.

I have the feeling this all began with not napping in day?

But what now......I don t know if she Will sleep at 6...or 6.30....? I mean she is almost 3....and Will I have then early bedtime.

What can I do and how.....Because it s not every night?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 17:39:45 pm »
I'd probably try a really early BT like 6pm it could all be OT behaviour built up. If you get a 11.5/12 hour night then that's good solid sleep to build the next day on, or you could pop a cat nap in around 3pm say 20 mins and stick to 7pm BT.

Sometimes it's just developmental stuff going on that we can't fix or find a reason for and it just resolves itself.

My DS1 is 4.5 and hasn't napped since he was 3 but he still had 6.30 BT once in a while if we've been busy or he's had a disturbed night.
Zoe

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 19:42:35 pm »
Ok....and if she sleep good through the night. Like 11.5 hours..how late should she go to bed next day?
I can t do a cat nap at 3.....she Will then not sleep at bedtime not always but some times. Also not possible because of kindergarten where she goes 3 days.
I brought her to bed today at 6.30. Shall I do this a few days and if she sleeps good in night a few days I go back to 7 bedtime?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 20:10:05 pm »
With no nap I'd do a 12.5 hour day to keep OT at bay, yes maybe do 2/3 days see how nights go then push it out a bit.
Zoe

Offline mary12

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 09:26:41 am »
Hello again ,

Hope somebody can help again.

So I did try early bedtime. 6.30/7.45.
She slept verry good no night wakening. ...wow.  first night she slept 13.5 hours wich she never does.
Then 3 night she slept till 6 or 5.45. With no night wakenings.

Now she went to kindergarten Yesterday 5 hours....we did put her in bed at 6.40. She did wake again at 4 and 5 and then at 5.50 and did not want to sleep. She was tired Yest3rday I think because se did no listen en did cry to much.

What can I do? Is she more tired because of kindergarten?and is That why she did wake at night.

Should I put her even early in bed if she goes toe kindergarten .

I am afraid she Will even wake earlier.  I mean we are happy with the Google night but 5.45.....is not That good.
She sleep 11 hours at night if I put her early in bed and if later some times 10.30 but she Will be then cranky not happy.

Any advice...

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 15:32:20 pm »
I would say that's a very good point - she can be more tired when there. Can you make her BT even ealier when she is in nursery? Or try a catnap of 10-15min when she is back in the car or in a buggy? Nothing longer but just that and that a normal BT?
~Marta