Author Topic: Solids causing horrible sleep  (Read 4769 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Solids causing horrible sleep
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 07:31:15 am »
There are also lots of ideas for finger foods here:
Finger Foods (6 months+)

Mine really loved little sugar free banana pancakes (they can be made without egg and milk if you need/want to avoid those), we used to go through loads of those for snacks.

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 09:59:11 am »
This has all been so helpful; thank you. I'm going to read through all these ideas and try some out this week. Her tummy seems so sensitive. She is still intolerant to things in my diet so I've been worried to branch out a little. But I think a more BLW approach may be helpful for her

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 00:13:27 am »
She gnawed on cucumber all day today! She loved it!! Can't wait to try more suggestions. Wanted to give you all huge hugs for your help and support!!

Offline creations

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2016, 06:49:08 am »
It's nice she enjoyed the cucumber :)
How was her sleep over night though - disturbed or ok?

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2016, 14:59:36 pm »
Her sleep was great. So maybe the puréed food was too much and causing the disturbed sleep?
She hardly got any cucumber off; mainly just gumed it so maybe that's better for her for now anyway

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 17:35:15 pm »
Fab! Yes, allowing her to decide how much to eat may well help. My baby went from very small amounts to LOADS!!
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline creations

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 17:56:42 pm »
I feel bad- she loves solids and eating.
You said this in an earlier post and it must have felt impossible for you to keep her happy by giving solids but also want to void them due to the night pains.  It's great she enjoyed her cucumber experience and then had a peaceful sleep. Looks like finger foods is the way forward, let's hope so :)

Offline Mandy.kamal

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 16:43:33 pm »
A littl discouraged now. Had her 6 month ped appointment and she suggested I wait 2 more weeks and thinks that puréed food will be easier for her to digest....

She said start with peas and other greens and go from there every 4 days

Offline creations

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 08:11:34 am »
Oh dear I can see why you feel discouraged.
Well, it's your call at the end of the day.
I wouldn't have started with peas as they have to be pureed to prevent them being a choke hazard, but then pea puree has a bit of a weird texture don't you think, or is that just me thinking that?

I wouldn't have thought it any harm to offer a finger food to suck, lick, gum as you did with the cucumber over those 2 weeks but obviously I am not a paediatrician.  There are such varied thoughts on weaning I feel that parents need to inform themselves and make their own choice.  When my LO was 6 months I went on a weaning course run by the local health visitors and whilst I listened intently I disagreed with what was said and made my own mind up (in essence they said BLW was dangerous but also said puree stage lasted only 2 weeks and finger foods had to be introduced at 6 months - I couldn't work out how one was described as dangerous and the other advised as best practice when they were both finger foods.  In other parts of the UK at the same time as this HVs were giving advice to go the BLW route and no purees...such varied advice).

I do agree that introducing green food earlyish can be helpful as it gets LO used to the taste.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 18:10:01 pm by creations »

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 17:16:15 pm »
It is difficult as there is so much advice out there.  This is my third baby and the HV was out there and gave me a booklet and was really really pushing purees and I asked about finger foods and she was all 'um they wouldnt be as important as purees'.

What I found with both my DDs was they werent overly fussed on individual food like carrot on its own. I used the Annabel karmso weaning books and moved onto her suggestions for meals quite quickly. So from early on they liked things like sweet potato and spinach or Apple,pear and apricot.  My HV says they actually recommend Annabel Karmel as a weaning guide now as her meals are balanced.