Author Topic: Naps for newborns  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Chloevalentine

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 00:45:11 am »
Well today he took 2 long naps in the swing! Jackpot!! Hopefully tomorrow he will do the same. I have the baby k'tan which is super easy to wear although any sling on a hot summer day is hard! The other thing that is tough is my 3 year old is very active and on the go which makes bringing him to playground with baby in stroller difficult as my 3 yr old runs off so I'm even hesitant to do that!

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
Re: Naps for newborns
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 08:04:06 am »
It might be worth looking into cooler carriers - connecta solar weave, lillebaby airflow etc. It's essential to be able to nap on the go when you have an older one, ime.
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline Chloevalentine

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 10:44:30 am »
I do have an ergo carrier too which seems lightweight but the sling I have I feel is better for a newborn it's not itself I just think wearing a baby on a 90 degree day is just going to be hot for both of us. At least the swing if he naps in it gives me s little freedom to do things around the house.

Offline ireneasheard

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 21:21:30 pm »
I was still holding my son at 3.5 weeks. He was so little. I did work on the EAS pattern only though. I worked on trying to swaddle him up and get him ready for sleep so was watching clock closely and looking for tired signs and winding him down before meltdown / overtired. And then worked on putting down drowsy while tweaking wind down routine. Then if he woke resettling him in his cot but of course picking him up if needed. All in stages, he got there in the end and is 20 weeks old now. :) persistence is definitely the key and not all at once.
DS 1: Textbook baby, February 2012. Kind and loving big brother to...
DS 2: Textbook (with a little touchy) baby, April 2016. My smallest and dearest bear.