Author Topic: Fighting the afternoon nap?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Fighting the afternoon nap?
« on: August 08, 2016, 15:46:30 pm »
Hi all, so my 3month old DD is fighting her afternoon nap. Sometimes from 245 until BT she just won't nap. I'm going to post the easy we'll get on a good day hen we are home i.e. she doens't fall asleep becuase we're out doing errands.

W: 8
E: 8
A:
S: 9:15/9:20 She'll sleep here from 1.5-2hrs although I have to resettle her sometimes at the 30min mark
E: 11:15
A:
S: 12:30
E: 2:30
A:
S: This is where it gets sporty.
Sometimes she'll go down at 4 and wake at 445 because I have to pick up my son from school but then won't cat nap later to make it to bed time. Or I try and put her down at 4 but she won't go down so I pick up my son at 430 and see if she'll fall alseep in the car. Nope. I'll put her in her swing I'll try and rock her in the dark, we have white noise etc. Nothing seems to work. My poor husband had her yesterday as I was at work and from 245 until 5 she was awake slept from 5-530 and he coudln't resettle her so she was then up till bt at 745. Should I push her awake time to 1.5hrs at this point even though she's pullling good naps? How much should I shorten her A time if she's doing a short cat nap in the morning in the car when we are out?
She goes to sleep for her naps independently but needs rocking at BT (she still sleeps great at night so I don't mind). She uses a pacifier.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Lindsay27

• Showing Appreciation 78
Re: Fighting the afternoon nap?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 13:06:21 pm »
I would maybe try pushing the A times slightly, even by 10mins and hopefully you will still get good naps and then maybe she will settle easier for the CN.  I does sound like given she has good naps that the CN is maybe a little UT.  I found I usually had to AP it, often in a sling/wrap so I could cook dinner ::)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Fighting the afternoon nap?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 15:02:08 pm »
Thanks. :) I was able to get her to nap in the swing yesterday but she took a good 45min to fall asleep so had to keep it to 20min to preserve bedtime. Will try stretching her a times to 1.5hrs.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**