Author Topic: Baby not interested in bottle anymore..  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Ohoneybeeo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 05, 2016, 20:16:23 pm »
Baby is 4 months old on Wednesday but was 9 weeks early so corrected age is 8 and a half weeks as she was born early.
The last couple of months she's usually drank 5oz every 3-4 hours and had even begun taking 6oz for a short period.
Now the last couple of weeks I'm lucky if I can get her to take 4oz every 3-4 hours. I've tried pushing it to 4 hours in the hope she'll take more but very rarely does...therefore I don't want to push the times anymore as I'll worry she will take less ounces over the course of the day.
She wakes once in the night (usually 2-3am after sleeping 5-6hours) and will take 5oz then no problem.
She is putting on weight...I'm just at a loss as to why she seems to have gone back over...any ideas?

Offline Ohoneybeeo

• Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Baby not interested in bottle anymore..
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 20:25:35 pm »
Forgot to add that she is on the dr brown size 2 teat (for 6m plus) as she has carobel added to her milk to thicken it. She gulps her night feed down and has always taken her day feeds no problem with this teat so I don't think that's the problem.

Offline Reethepea

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 09:04:41 am »
Hi, I'm no expert but I wrote a post similar to this when dd1 was 26 weeks( 12 corrected) she was born at 28 weeks gestation 4 years ago. What I did was push to 4 hourly feeds as she was gaining slowly but gaining. She didn't automatically take more but was just about taking about 20 ounces a day. Also I have a 5 month old and from around 3 months she was definitely less interested in feeding and more interested in what is going on around her. Again i moved to 4 hourly feeding and again she prob only takes around 20ounces a day.

What I'm trying to say is providing she is gaining weight and feeding regularly try not to get too concerned over volumes. My health visitor echoes this by saying all you can do is offer the feed- how much she takes is up to her. Obviously if she starts to lose or not gain then you may have to rethink x
DD 1- Spirited- July 2012

DD 2- Angel/Touchy April 2016

Offline Ohoneybeeo

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 14:08:26 pm »
Thankyou, over the course of 24 hours she takes abou 23/24oz so I suppose it's not too bad.
Just yesterday and today she seems to be taking a little more than she has been recently so hopefully this phase is over! X